BAd ohm meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyfootball

Mar 15, 2015
Mi
Hello all

i have a eleafohm meter i use it for my rebuildibles and ceck voltage on my mech. i have been using it now for 2 or 3 months and works fine. untill recently ive noticed something strange. it seems to only read to .04 ohms on ANY build i do. for an example i made a zippe coil took a read and it was .04. i then took a single strand that was left over from the zipper of 24 nichrome twisted it around 3.0mm on the tebeco coil jig and it came out to .04. that mght have been a couinceidence but then i wrap a 24g kanthal around the 3mm on tobeco coil jig 12 times and .04 ive done these builds across 3 diffrent rda and still always thesame thing. so i guess my questions are

is this a sighn of ohm meter fritzin out

thanks for the time

tobyfootball

Mar 15, 2015
Mi
yeah i have a mid grade one that i use for work and then i really buttom of the bucket one that i got as a gift that only ready 1.0 and up i was actually planning on getting a fluke soon enouph once i do ill just swap them around. and update id have to say that was the problem the 510 pin was down just a hair it was making contact just not much. the zipper coil is actually .6 not .04 hope this thread helps someone else with this problem thank everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread