Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
how come I am starting to see all of these articles coming out that, vaping does more damage to the heart than regular cigarettes? Also that they are starting to find out that vaping is more harmful than cigarettes. I don't believe this one bit, what is everyone else's opinions?

The reason behind them is simple; whenever something cuts into profits in major markets (Tobacco, Pharma and Government), the powers that be will try to put a bad spin on it and there are plenty of people gullible enough to believe it. Just a couple of weeks ago, we were on vacation and there were signs that said something to the effect of vaping vapor is a "toxic aerosol" It is neither or I'd be dead. But my wife saw and it despite being a bright woman, she's very overly cautious and sensitive about safety. She was instantly concerned I'd be dead by the end of our vacation. As you might have guessed, it was in California, the state that can find toxic chemicals in pure mountain spring water. If it was up to California, "WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm" would be stamped on women's breasts when breastfeeding. It would be be required under the "infants right to know law" so the infant could make an informed breastfeeding decision.

Last edited:

Zakillah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Vienna
This is not a topic to have "an opinion" about.
Cold, hard facts are what counts.

The facts are over 3000 substances in cigs, including lots of harmful stuff, while the only bad thing that can even be messured in ecigs are miniscule ammounts of carbonyls (Formaldehyde, Acetaldehyde, Acrolein,...), that are usually 100-1000 times lower then in tobacco cigarettes; unless, of course, you dry fire your coil.
No Carbonmonoxide, no sticky tar, no heavy metals, no PAHs, no HCN, no TSNAs, no... (could go on forever)

Last edited:

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Yeah, California seems to go overboard on some of this stuff. I see the warning on vitamins and supplements that I order online. I order them anyway, because they work for us. The topper came a couple of years ago. I order online quite a bit. I am retired, and home all day with a grandson who has autism and a dog with separation anxiety and a tendency toward seizures, and I try not to have my daughter and her boyfriend running all over town on their days off from work. I had previously ordered some recycled tall kitchen trash bags, and really liked them. The next time I tried to order them, I was informed by the same site that I had previously ordered from that they could not ship the recycled trash bags to California due to California regulations. We support recycling, have banned non-reusable grocery bags, etc., but I cannot get recycled trash bags? Still Blowing Smoke is upping their advertising against ecigarettes in the lead up to the November elections, where there is a measure on the ballot to up the tax on cigarettes and will add a tax of 60% or more on ecigarette eliquids and, I believe, hardware, but they are allowing advertising for Logic Pro cigalikes on air when kids can see it? By the way, the new cigarette tax would only pay about 13% of taxes collected toward stop smoking programs. The vast majority of the tax would go to the insurance industry. Too much pandering to special interest groups and not enough thinking and long-term planning. While I generally approve of most of the environmental and citizen-oriented measures here, there are too many things that have me shaking my head and wondering where the brains have gone.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
how come I am starting to see all of these articles coming out that, vaping does more damage to the heart than regular cigarettes? Also that they are starting to find out that vaping is more harmful than cigarettes. I don't believe this one bit, what is everyone else's opinions?
If anyone believes smoking is less harmful than vaping, they should just smoke.

Sorry, anyone with half a brain should be able to find reputable studies that compare the dangers of both and show why vaping is substantially less harmful than smoking.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
If anyone believes smoking is less harmful than vaping, they should just smoke.

Sorry, anyone with half a brain should be able to find reputable studies that compare the dangers of both and show why vaping is substantially less harmful than smoking.
But most people dont want to take the time to research stuff on their own- too easy to believe the negative ish others are preaching.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
But most people dont want to take the time to research stuff on their own- too easy to believe the negative ish others are preaching.
True, but if I was trying to quit smoking today, I would look at all of my options... Xyban, patch, vaping, etc.

I really would like to see doctors start recommending vaping to more people trying to quit smoking. No nic at all is better than vaping, but smoking relapse is high when using cessation drugs.

Reactions: Eskie

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Day before yesterday, in Google News (in the Health catagory), I saw a rash of new positive articles.
It's not the 1930's anymore, information is too freely available for a smoke and mirrors campaign to go unnoticed nowadays. It may take a few years but I have faith that some smart people will start asking what the heck is going on with such disinformation and start calling out the liars that are currently appointed to serve as our public health guardians.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
We need to encourage people to research the positive effects of vaping. ECF does a great job, but there are too many people who are not aware of ECF or the various positive scientific studies regarding vaping. I am on Facebook, and a member of several groups that are vape related. I am also a member of several groups relating to online retailers. When anyone posts a vape-related study, I try to repost it to the general public. When anyone has a question related to the safety of vaping and/or eliquids, I answer as best I can, and also try to refer people to ECF for good information regarding safety, research, etc.

I guess that my daughter and I are the oddballs to some extent regarding vaping. We had quit smoking, cold turkey, around 10 years ago because we could not afford to smoke given the various "sin" taxes that had been enacted. Neither of us wanted to quit, but we simply could not afford for both of us to smoke, and neither of us wanted to be the one who continued to smoke and tempt the other. The cravings never left, although neither of us would admit it to the other. Around 4 years ago, stress and cravings were making it more and more tempting for both of us to start smoking again. My daughter had heard something about vaping somewhere, to this day she cannot remember where. WE RESEARCHED AS MUCH AS WE COULD about vaping. We hemmed and hawed about whether to try vaping. We finally caved and got a couple of Blu disposables, on the off chance that vaping could keep us away from smoking - we were both unhappy about having to quit smoking, but very proud that we had been able to stay away from cigarettes for as long as we did. Lo and behold, ecigs actually do work. We have not had a craving or any desire to smoke for almost 5 years now.

There has been a deplorable tendency here in the US to mock and discount scientific research, whether it be related to climate change or ecigarettes. This needs to stop, right here, right now. Schools are
"teaching to the test", rather than encouraging students to think things through and research. ALL of us need to be encouraged to do our own research to determine what is the best option for ourselves and our children, and our children's children.

Reactions: Sara Love
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread