Barbaric DIY passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklowrider

Dec 14, 2016
Turkey
1st%20mod_zpsfbbzkxfr.jpg

Hi Guys,
I joined the Forum last week because I wanted some advice regards the next step beyond my first e-cig (ego-t).
I received some excellent advice and am currently looking at the various options.

But until I finally get round to placing an order, I was going to be stuck with what I had and the duff battery which don't last half the day.

So I went in the shed armed with a USB cable and a soldering iron and came up with this contraption.

The main box/unit is an old laptop transformer with the guts removed.
Inside is a 10A spring loaded switch.

1st%20mod%20a_zpscwichelp.jpg

It smokes extremely well as a temporary "fix" and just wanted to share my very first mod ;)

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
1st%20mod_zpsfbbzkxfr.jpg

Hi Guys,
I joined the Forum last week because I wanted some advice regards the next step beyond my first e-cig (ego-t).
I received some excellent advice and am currently looking at the various options.

But until I finally get round to placing an order, I was going to be stuck with what I had and the duff battery which don't last half the day.

So I went in the shed armed with a USB cable and a soldering iron and came up with this contraption.

The main box/unit is an old laptop transformer with the guts removed.
Inside is a 10A spring loaded switch.

1st%20mod%20a_zpscwichelp.jpg

It smokes extremely well as a temporary "fix" and just wanted to share my very first mod ;)
Very cool.

Reactions: darklowrider

darklowrider

Dec 14, 2016
Turkey
I understood the humour Steve ;) and agree that my understanding/usage of associated vaping terminology (or lack of) left me wide open for abuse lol - my first and only e-cig was bought in September so be gentle with me ;)

Thanks retired1 for relocating to correct forum ;)

and thanks ghola1was - it was just a bit of fun in the shed for a couple of hours ;)

darklowrider

Dec 14, 2016
Turkey
@thetrucker

I've ordered myself an RX 2/3 with vaporesso gemini... but until that arrives I went back in the shed lol...

Found a 10/16A 2 pin European plug with double pole switch - its an extremely tight fit but I basically removed the 2 pins and stuck in a 510 connector from an old EGO-T and connected it to a USB cable utilising the 5v connections.

Its all just fun ;)

Attachments

• mod2.jpg
    mod2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: thetrucker

darklowrider

Dec 14, 2016
Turkey
Its a basic passthorugh @r77r7r that just needs to last me another week or so ;)

The 650ma batteries on my EGO's only last weeks and need to be charged several times daily ;(

Its a mains to 2 x USB adapter I use...

Rating; 230VAC/5VDC 2.1A

The Coil is 2.4 Ohms

Calculated current = 2 Amps (10.4 watts)

It has a Double pole 10 amp switch with soldered joints.

Nonetheless, on a Health and Safety aspect, I agree it has no safety mechanisms and should not be copied in anyway :)

Reactions: thetrucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread