Basen 40A 3100mAh Retest Results...there are two versions, this one is a Samsung 30Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    These cells were donated for the purposes of testing. Thank you! To prevent any confusion with the eGo-type "batteries", I use the term "cell" here to refer to a single 18650, 26650, etc.

Disclaimer
    The statements, conclusions, and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion. Carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them.

A note regarding current ratings and my testing
    If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it says "max discharging current" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuous.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Bottom Line
    There are two versions of this cell. The older version was a rewrap of the 10A LG MJ1. This newer version has a slightly different wrap, with the "40A" in black in a gold box. It tested out as a 15A 3000mAh battery, identical in appearance and performance to the Samsung 30Q, but of unknown grade. For more information on how the 30Q performs see its test report.

Comparison of the Basen and the Samsung 30Q
    image.png

To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links:
    List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

18350 Safety Grades and Pulse Performance Data | E-Cigarette Forum

18650 Battery Ratings -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum

26650 Safety Grades and Pulse Performance Data | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread