Basen Black 35A 2800mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...dud batteries, could not be tested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    These cells were donated for the purposes of testing. Thank you! To prevent any confusion with the eGo-type "batteries", I use the term "cell" here to refer to a single 18650, 26650, etc.

Disclaimer
    The statements, conclusions, and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion. Carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them. My safety precautions are the ones I have elected to take and you should not assume they will protect you if you attempt to do any testing. Do the research and create your own testing methods and safety precautions.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

A note regarding current ratings and my testing
    If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it says "max discharging current" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuous. Otherwise they would have listed the current rating with two numbers as other companies have done. Or they would have labeled the rating on the wrap as "pulse" or "burst". Battery buyers should not have to hunt down what the number on the wrap means. I will be testing batteries at the rating listed on the wrap and pointing out when they fail to meet that listed rating.

Bottom Line
    In my opinion this is a cell to be avoided. Of the four I had for testing, one was at 0.551V out of the box, one should never have made it out of the factory, and the last two were 2600mAh cells, at best. Testing was aborted after doing the first 15A discharges.

15A Continuous-Current Test Results
    image.jpeg

To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links:
    List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum
    18350 Safety Grades and Pulse Performance Data | E-Cigarette Forum
    18650 Safety Grades -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum
    26650 Safety Grades and Pulse Performance Data | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread