Basen the new Battery Mfg with the BEST 18650 I have ever used Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
No Smokie... just NO.

Your ipv is incapable of pulling anywhere near 40A unless you can get it to discharge to unusable voltages.
Unless you have gear to test that cell's actual amp abilities, you're doing a disservice by not calling out the over specc'ed rating. That's encouraging reckless use by mech modders who can over tax a battery.

If they're long lasting higher mAh cells... that's fantastic. They can join the club.
Safe 40A at the same time? Seven years vaping, you should know better. I'm disappointed.

Reactions: pnyc

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
No Smokie... just NO.

Your ipv is incapable of pulling anywhere near 40A unless you can get it to discharge to unusable voltages.
Unless you have gear to test that cell's actual amp abilities, you're doing a disservice by not calling out the over specc'ed rating. That's encouraging reckless use by mech modders who can over tax a battery.

If they're long lasting higher mAh cells... that's fantastic. They can join the club.
Safe 40A at the same time? Seven years vaping, you should know better. I'm disappointed.
So where are your tests to make this statement? I have seen tests on their other bats that are true to labeling.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Review-of-Basen-18650-2500mAh-BS186D-(Black)

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
So where are your tests to make this statement? I have seen tests on their other bats that are true to labeling.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?391294-Test-Review-of-Basen-18650-2500mAh-BS186D-(Black)

Where are yours? You're the one touting this as a very high mAh 40A cell.
Do you even understand why that's so improbable?

And that link appears to reference a Basen rewrap of a Samsung 25R (and relabeled 35A).
But I'm not sure... it's not the cell in your video so I don't care.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
Where are yours? You're the one touting this as a very high mAh 40A cell.

And that link appears to reference a Basen rewrap of a Samsung 25R (and relabeled 35A).
But I'm not sure... it's not the cell in your video so I don't care.
Yes that is the test why your saying these are the same or have lower amps then labeled. I did not make this battery, only read off of the labeling. Guess we will have to wait for a real testing, so in the mean time just use them in a regulated mod if that concerned.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Yes that is the test why your saying these are the same or have lower amps then labeled. I did not make this battery, only read off of the labeling. Guess we will have to wait for a real testing, so in the mean time just use them in a regulated mod if that concerned.

We already have 800 examples of the "guy with a camera, talkin' out his backside".
Why make it 801?

Outside of dodgy Chinese e-juice, the batteries we choose are far and away the most important thing to our vaping safety. But you hold up a cell and just parrot the amp spec, yourself not knowing the accuracy.
That's just encouraging those who would believe it without confirmation. Sure, they're safe... but to what levels?
You keep mentioning tests, both in-thread and in the video, yet haven't actually shown what you think you have.

You have, or would like, a "name" in the video review world. That should come with awareness and responsibility.

Don't be [HASHTAG]#801[/HASHTAG].

Reactions: SUPER K

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
We already have 800 examples of the "guy with a camera, talkin' out his backside".
Why make it 801?

Outside of dodgy Chinese e-juice, the batteries we choose are far and away the most important thing to our vaping safety. But you hold up a cell and just parrot the amp spec, yourself not knowing the accuracy.
That's just encouraging those who would believe it without confirmation. Sure, they're safe... but to what levels?
You keep mentioning tests, both in-thread and in the video, yet haven't actually shown what you think you have.

You have, or would like, a "name" in the video review world. That should come with awareness and responsibility.

Don't be [HASHTAG]#801[/HASHTAG].
Guess your not blind, as you seen and said I tested them for running time in a regulated mod Period. I am stating my opinion when reviewing them. Thanks for your concern for others and my reviewing. If found not to be the true amps then it is on the MFG for lying, and labeling as such. Maybe you should have a chat with them.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Reactions: Jim_ MDP

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Referring to the 40 amp 3100 mah model BS186Q, not any other.

My concern is that if the battery you linked to is not true to its rating, and the 30A 2600mAh Basen I tested was not true to its rating, that perhaps all their batteries are overrated. As of now there is no 18650 with a true rating over 30A. And as of now there is no 3000mAh (or higher) 18650 rated at over a true 20A. This is what makes us so hesitant to believe that Basen has literally doubled the highest rating for a high capacity battery.

Have you tried the LG HG2? I think you'd really like it.
    Same or better performance than the Basen and costs a lot less too. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread