• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

"Batteries + Adaptors" What have you learned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
What have you learned about batteries and adaptors? Topic in relation to regular batteries only for this post...and on the topic of adaptors there is always a confused newcomer...any info on these topics to help newcomers avoid mistakes is welcome here : o)

This is the "sticky" forum...a resource for newcomers with concise informative info...please stay on topic or post in another thread the topic of your choice : o)

PS. If you have a battery mod please post about it as a standalone topic to be discussed so newcomers can easily find the one they are looking for info on!!!thankyou

CoffeeFairy

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX USA
It doesn't matter the combination of battery + adaptor + atomizer/cartomizer...let the whole mess cool down before you try to take it all apart and you'll have a much easier time! As my wonderful 10 year old had to remind me "Heat expands, cold contracts".

(Feel free to insert image of red-faced mother who forgot this basic bit of science and was insisting that her adaptor was "stuck" onto her atty until her dear son came along and "fixed" the problem :oops: )

Lalesa

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles County, Ca
It doesn't matter the combination of battery + adaptor + atomizer/cartomizer...let the whole mess cool down before you try to take it all apart and you'll have a much easier time! As my wonderful 10 year old had to remind me "Heat expands, cold contracts".

(Feel free to insert image of red-faced mother who forgot this basic bit of science and was insisting that her adaptor was "stuck" onto her atty until her dear son came along and "fixed" the problem :oops: )

HA! Thanks for this! :oops: >waits for 901 adapter to cool off before getting pliers<

Debbie

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
South Jersey
I ordered an KR808 adapter for a 510 so I could use cartomizers. I wound up hating the cartomizers because it felt like I was sucking air.

It took a few complaints about cartomizers in a few forums before someone tuned me in to the fact that the air holes on adapters can be adjusted with a small screwdriver.

Open the holes (i.e. cartomizer has a gap between it and adapter - holes showing), suck more air. Close the holes (i.e. cartomizer fits snug against adapter - holes covered), less air.

Now I love the cartomizers. They're so convenient. :)

Debbie

jlmanno

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I usually try to inspect and clean my batteries before putting them on the charger. My wife uses a TW 5 slot charger with 510 mega bats. It sits on our dresser. Yesterday out of the corner of my eye I noticed the led light on and within seconds the battery literally started to warp over! :evil::evil:The metal actually got hot :evil::evil:enough by the manual button area to bend! She has neglected to clean her bats and I'm guessing the juice crud build up between the center post(+) and the side(-) made contact in the charger. Don't know if they can explode but was sure a wake up! Please be careful!! Happy Vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread