Batteries and marriage question for RX200

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDubbs

May 7, 2016
New York
image.jpeg
Hey guys and gals, just a couple newb questions about some batteries and battery marriage here.

So I got a second hand rx200 from my brother that he just wasn't using and he's the kind of person who gives things a pretty good unintentional durability test to, so, I want to make sure I'm not taking any unnecessary risks with this. It came with 3 purple efests in it which I understand are...kind of eh. I know he was using the mod to charge them which from what I understand is also kind of eh. Anyway I'll post a pic but one of the batteries looks like the wrap is not in the best condition so I probably won't use them anyways but opinions are welcome.

Now on to the battery marriage thing, and probably the only question I really need everyone's help on. I have 4 green Sammy 25rs that are about a week old that have all been used in my Istick pico that I just recently got, also about a week ago. I only have a 2 bay charger, nitecore um20. Can 3 batteries be married with a 2 bay charger and can I use 3 of the 25rs I already have? Thanks in advance!

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Depends on your comfort level for safety

If you're absolutely careful I would get a 4 bay charger and 3 new batteries (of the same ofc)
If you're careful I would get a 4 bay charger and use the 3 Sammy 25Rs
If you're mildly careful I would just use the setup you have as it is

Keep in mind tho its a relatively small investment for a peace of mind (charger and new batteries).

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with both comments above.

If it was me, I'd get three brand new batteries, marry them for life, and grab a 4-bay charger. I also recommend RTD Vapor.

Guide to Choosing a Li-ion Battery Charger

I'm using the LG HG2 3000mAh 20A batteries in my RX200, but the Samsung 30Q 3000mAh and AW 3000mAh 20A batteries would perform equally as well.

image-jpeg.555235

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
Full disclosure: I suck at marrying batteries.

Right now, my current rotation of the RX200, a couple dual battery mods, and a few single battery mods run off 7 LG hg2 and 4 Samsung 25rs. The LG hg2 are the ones I use in the dual mods and Rx200, and the Samsungs go in the single battery mods. I told you, I suck at marrying batteries.

Some of the hg2's don't drain equally anymore, since I suck at marrying batteries. I'm gonna have to mark the ones that drain more than others, and use them together. If I don't they'll just get worse.

BOOM!

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Full disclosure: I suck at marrying batteries.

Right now, my current rotation of the RX200, a couple dual battery mods, and a few single battery mods run off 7 LG hg2 and 4 Samsung 25rs. The LG hg2 are the ones I use in the dual mods and Rx200, and the Samsungs go in the single battery mods. I told you, I suck at marrying batteries.

Some of the hg2's don't drain equally anymore, since I suck at marrying batteries. I'm gonna have to mark the ones that drain more than others, and use them together. If I don't they'll just get worse.

BOOM!
Well, stop sucking or stop using multiple-battery devices.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
Unsafe? Possibly, if I were running high watts.

About the highest I go is 65 watts, which is only pulling a total of about 16 amps. Even if my batteries aren't draining evenly, I'm pretty sure they'll be fine. When throwing batteries on the charger, I'm seeing voltage differences of about 0.2v. Not a huge deal.

BOOM!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I bought 3 new Sony VTC4's for my new RX200S because all the trusted suppliers were out of HG2 batts. It didn't take but 4 battery charges to decide that was a bad choice for the RX200S. I get about 12 clock hours vaping at 10W from the 3 Sonys.

Today, I ordered 3 LG HG2's from Orbtronic. I expect the 3000mah capacity to get me at least 2 days vaping at 10W compared to a day and a half with the Sonys.

If I were a really high watt vaper I'd have to use the 30A batts and put up with short charge life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread