Batteries and Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
??? What U talking about Willis??? ... and please expand on nic poisoning.
Yes sir, I believe as well as not one but 2 hospitals believe that this certain American made liquid was not diluted properly. I can't really stay away from vaping. Everytime i take the smallest of puffs my heart races wildly out of control, my breath severely deepens, then my consciousness tries to escape me. I been on several machines the past few days, but to no legitimate avail. I been having non stop anxiety attacks. The supplier of whom I ordered the liquid from is relatively, beings on how they don't have a sub-forum yet, but all in all, I'm actually glad it happened to me and not to someone new to vaping and/or with a lower tolerance to the stuff we attempt to master.
Being SICK sucks. Boy ol boy Isaac hope you rebound back here real soon. At least the humor is still active with you ( Enuts sig) and Thank goodness for the woman, hey. :D:D:D:D
take it easy
Hey Aspen! I was just searching my inbox for you. Always taking it easy my friend. Well no, but this time, yes :laugh: For the first time in a very long time, I had to call off of work from other job for this whole weekend. It's going to be pretty nice, besides for the whole sick thing. Stepping outside to this humidity is rough though. Hey man, no matter what ever happens, if we don't laugh, then we truly are miserable :D

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Yes sir, I believe as well as not one but 2 hospitals believe that this certain American made liquid was not diluted properly. I can't really stay away from vaping. Everytime i take the smallest of puffs my heart races wildly out of control, my breath severely deepens, then my consciousness tries to escape me. I been on several machines the past few days, but to no legitimate avail. I been having non stop anxiety attacks. The supplier of whom I ordered the liquid from is relatively, beings on how they don't have a sub-forum yet, but all in all, I'm actually glad it happened to me and not to someone new to vaping and/or with a lower tolerance to the stuff we attempt to master.
Hey Aspen! I was just searching my inbox for you. Always taking it easy my friend. Well no, but this time, yes :laugh: For the first time in a very long time, I had to call off of work from other job for this whole weekend. It's going to be pretty nice, besides for the whole sick thing. Stepping outside to this humidity is rough though. Hey man, no matter what ever happens, if we don't laugh, then we truly are miserable :D
Thanks for sharing that with us Isaac. I know it wasn't easy. When you take one for the team you really take one for the team :D Take care of yourself, ya got an infinity to develop yet, but after things get back to normal for you.

If they suspect what it is (nic poisoning) what is the prognosis?

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Lol Thanks guys!
I have been doing alot better, but still very hard to vape or do much for that matter. Down to 2-6mg but still receiving the same lightheaded, heart beating side effects, just no where near as harsh as before. Spent most of the day sleeping in the cool a/c. Almost anything exciting makes me stagger, but we're getting back on track. The docs are almost certain that it's nicotine poisoning. If anyone is able to reverse engineer e-liquid to deduce the amount of nic is in this newly purchased liquid. Please let me know.

I very much hope you get well soon. So you got a toxic dose of nicotine that just shocked your system, and now your body is hyper-sensitized to it?

Slb decided to opt for more testing on our 2.0 510's. The details are a little unclear about this situation. This gives us an opening to experiment a bit.There is a shipment that is soon going to be in transit containing The Joye side of 510 2.0Ω NOT 1.5Ω :D I'm going to attempt to sample a Joye-302 2.0Ω style and maybe even a Shorti type!, if they will be as willing to comply as my favorite company Sailebao.

Oh no... more things that I absolutely must try! There are a lot of Joye fans. I imagine those could be a popular items.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Thanks for sharing that with us Isaac. I know it wasn't easy. When you take one for the team you really take one for the team :D Take care of yourself, ya got an infinity to develop yet, but after things get back to normal for you.

If they suspect what it is (nic poisoning) what is the prognosis?
Funny that you mention Infinity my friend, because the contractor and I been playing phone tag the whole day!
The prognosis is sadly anxiety attacks. It's undetermined how long they will last, but I'm sure sweating in this 67 degree room from pulling off this 801.
I very much hope you get well soon. So you got a toxic dose of nicotine that just shocked your system, and now your body is hyper-sensitized to it?

Oh no... more things that I absolutely must try! There are a lot of Joye fans. I imagine those could be a popular items.

Thank you Mister Madness. Your wishes are greatly appreciated. For the time being yes. Pretty much anything that would make heart pump faster than normal really effects me still. My average heart beat is 65-70, but since the event, it's been steady at 75+. They and a friend both said, a heavy dose of nicotine will stay in the system for 96 hours. So far, it's been okay, it's still terrifies me to no end, but what are ya going to do, but wait it out,right?

In the spirit of change, I'm thinking of doing away with the Slb 510 cartomizers in exchange for Joye or even Boge. I like them personally, but they don't seem to be holding up well with the crowd. What do you guys think?

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Lol Thanks guys!
I have been doing alot better

There is a shipment that is soon going to be in transit containing The Joye side of 510 2.0Ω NOT 1.5Ω :D I'm going to attempt to sample a Joye-302 2.0Ω style and maybe even a Shorti type!, if they will be as willing to comply as my favorite company Sailebao.

Oh please be careful and take it easy. I got a little too much in my system one time and that feeling is horrible, I can't imagine going through that for several days. I hope you are feeling better soon.

*PERK* Mini 2.0Ω 302 attys?!?!?!?!?!!?!! That could be better than sex ;)

In the spirit of change, I'm thinking of doing away with the Slb 510 cartomizers in exchange for Joye or even Boge. I like them personally, but they don't seem to be holding up well with the crowd. What do you guys think?

Well we all know how I feel about the SLB 510 cartos, but if they are not going over well, you need to do what is best for your business. Personally the Boge cartos and I don't get it along, but there are many out there that love them. Don't know that I've tried a Joye carto yet or if I have I haven't known it. I have been trying a 510 carto that came from Trueman-ecig.com that has been absolutely wonderful, even better than the SLBs. Not sure who manufacturers it though. I use the one I was sent to test for a little more than 8 days, then the juice started tasting sour. It never lost vapor production and the draw never got hard on it. I'm going to be taking that one apart tomorrow or Sunday. Looking inside from the top it looks to be built like the SLBs but the filler is definitely different.

Do you have any specs on the Joye cartos? How are they built, like the SLB or the Boge? Resistance? Pics? Know anybody that sells them already? Ok I'll stop now :)

Please please take care of yourself!!!

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey

Isaac, why do you think they are not holding up well with the crowd? Are you basing that from the overall sales volume or have you actually been told that people maybe don't like them as much? Just curious.

If it's a lack of volume, let's find a way to spread the word. If it is a performance issue, why not maybe try lowering ohms to make perform stronger at 3.7V? Just a thought.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Hey guys, I received my AW 16340 LiFePO4 batts today and would appreciate some technical advice since this is my first day owning 3V batts and I don't know what to expect.

When they arrived this morning I charged them with the WF-138 charger at the 3V setting and they came off the charger measuring at 3.37V. After over 5 hrs of moderate usage they are measuring at 3.29V and still going strong.

My questions are:

What voltage are they supposed to charge up to?

Past what voltage are they going into an overcharge state?

At which voltage do they need to be recharged? How low can they go?

Should I expect a "nose dive" at the end or will the performance gradually decrease?

I just want to be safe and know exactly what I'm doing. Thanks for your help.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Well, I charged my AW LifePO4 batteries last night and they charged up to 3.67V and 3.68V. I assume that's OK. But I have a question regarding discharge voltage.

I checked them when the performance started dropping and the top one measured at 2.83V and the bottom one was at 2.95V. Is there supposed to be that much difference in voltage between the two batts?

Last edited:

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Good idea, thanks. I'll do that.

Another thing that's confusing me is regarding my "B" set which I used since yesterday evening until about today 11 am. They just came off the charger at 3.41V and 3.47V. After resting for about 15 min, they are both at 3.38V.

I know you'll probably say that it's chemistry, haha, it's just that I never experienced this with LiIons and IMRs. I just want to understand what's happening here a little better. Thanks.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Your right, it's chemistry no pun intended. What you are measuring is the resting pulse vice the working pulse so to speak. It will always be lower, although I have no knowledge of LifePO batts, it happens as well with the others. Check 'em out when you get a chance.

I have never tried Nutella, to bad we couldn't discuss it ;)

aspen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Ca.
Your right, it's chemistry no pun intended. What you are measuring is the resting pulse vice the working pulse so to speak. It will always be lower, although I have no knowledge of LifePO batts, it happens as well with the others. Check 'em out when you get a chance.

I have never tried Nutella, to bad we couldn't discuss it ;)
OK I'm biting on this one. I have a daughter who requires gluten free diet so I am interested if anyone has any experience with the product. Thanks in advance.

If you would rather pm me. Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread