Batteries for Kangertech TopBox Mini & Eleaf iStick TC200W

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaperTrailBlazer

Jun 20, 2017
Australia
Hi, New member wanting some advice on the best batteries to buy with my 2 new mods.
I've read a bit about re labelled and/or non-genuine batteries. How do I make sure I'm buying the real the real thing?, and I'm thinking LG HG2 3000mAh 20A if they'll do the job well or am I better off with Panasonic NCR GA 3500mAh?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrotherBob

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
It mainly boils down to what watts per battery you are running at.

General rules of thumb
20amp CDR battery = 60watts max per battery (Samsung 30Q 3000mah, Sony VTC6 3000mah, and the LG HG2 in order of best to lowest due to tested CDR of each model)
25amp CDR battery = 75watts max per battery (Sony VTC5A 2500mah, LG HD2, HD2C, HD4)
30amp CDR battery = 90watts max per battery (LG HB2, HB4, HB6 1500mah)

hth a bit.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
You kinda have it backwards.
You'd be better off using the LGhg2 or any authentic quality cell with a 20a CDR or greater.

As mah increases CDR decreases, no way around it.

The most important thing to look for in the cells we use is CDR, then mah.

The 3500mah cells having a maximum 10a CDR would be a poor choice & limit your watt output range severely.

You make sure you buy the real thing by only purchasing from reputable vendors / dealers, I have no idea where folks in Australia buy cells.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Here's a list of recommended batteries from our battery guru Mooch with some reliable vendors listed at the bottom.
Battery Chart.jpeg

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi, New member wanting some advice on the best batteries to buy with my 2 new mods.
I've read a bit about re labelled and/or non-genuine batteries. How do I make sure I'm buying the real the real thing?, and I'm thinking LG HG2 3000mAh 20A if they'll do the job well or am I better off with Panasonic NCR GA 3500mAh?
Thanks.
Welcome and glad you joined. I have provided a little more information which might help choosing/evaluating batteries.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor
A Guide to Safe Charging - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety
Guide to Choosing a Battery Charger | E-Cigarette Forum

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
+1. Higher CDR = lower mAh. The HG2 you mention is an excellent 20A cell. Just don't push it past 60W per cell. I use the HD2C personally (been getting worried about the VTC4 authenticity/age) and can recommend them as well. Sorry, can't help with a reputable vendor in AUS; but reputable vendors is how you get authentic cells.

VaperTrailBlazer

Jun 20, 2017
Australia
Thanks - I have a family member who put me onto a good battery vendor, but as i kept asking him vaping related questions he cheerfully asked if I knew of this forum!,...so I took the hint!
Thanks. Big help. I now know what to look for in my batts....sort of! Cheers.

Last edited:

VaperTrailBlazer

Jun 20, 2017
Australia
...haven't read any of the threads yet, but pleased to see that the Samsung 18650 30Q 3000mAh is on my list. An experienced, recommended seller on eBay with great feedback (and most importantly) is Australian based is selling 4 of the above including a nitecore charger for $80 delivered. Unless I read a reason not too in the links you provided, I'll go for that. Thanks again.

VaperTrailBlazer

Jun 20, 2017
Australia
+1. Higher CDR = lower mAh. The HG2 you mention is an excellent 20A cell. Just don't push it past 60W per cell. I use the HD2C personally (been getting worried about the VTC4 authenticity/age) and can recommend them as well. Sorry, can't help with a reputable vendor in AUS; but reputable vendors is how you get authentic cells.

By "don"t push it past 60W per cell" I'm assuming you mean in my 3 batt mod don't push past 180W (or 3 X 60W)?
Cheers, A.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Decided I'm going to go for some Samsung 30q's and a Nitecore D4 Digi Charger.

Those pink batteries with a Nitecore are often seen in my house. Good choice i.m.o. :)
That set up here (2 x 2 batteries + charger) would cost the equivalent of about $75-80 (AUS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread