Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Battery Company Summary: Aosibo/AOSO

Average Exaggeration of Current Rating: 100%

Average Exaggeration of Capacity Rating: -2.8% (net underrating of capacity)

This is the first of what will be an ongoing effort to post summaries of the testing I have done for batteries from different companies. Instead of switching companies for each battery test, I will test several from one company and post the test results on successive days. After all the tests for that company are done I will post a summary like this one.

My hope is that having the test results grouped like this will make it easier to see which companies are exaggerating their battery ratings and by how much. As new batteries are released I will test them and post an updated summary.

Bottom Line: The use of a 2500mAh cell for their 30A 1600mAh model kept the average capacity at slightly underrated. Otherwise Aosibo used accurate or exaggerated capacity ratings. Only one of the batteries had an accurate current rating though. As a group, the average current rating was exaggerated by 100%. That is, on average, they doubled the true rating when putting a number on the wrap.

Links to Test Reports:

AOSO Brown 30A 1600mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...only 15A but 2500mAh?

AOSO 40A 2500mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...wildly overrated, only a 20A battery

AOSO Red 42A 2600mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...dangerously overrated, falsified graphs

AOSO Black 60A 2800mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...most overrated 18650 so far

AOSO 20A 3200mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...actually 20A but overrated capacity

AOSO Brown 25A 3500mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...only a 10A battery, probably MJ1

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread