Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
LOL, I was in the co-op as well. I know it got fixed, but these things are just as dangerous as that telescope mod w/o vent holes. Just look, you almost blew your balls off, LITERALLY! :lol:

Yea they have already fixed the vent holes from the factory. I was in the CO-OP that had them and the VIVI tanks on it and they got delayed over a week to fix them before they shipped them.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
do you have another one you could show us?

also, was wonderng what the damage at 14500 would do as opposed to a 18560? And how that corresponds to mAH on an ego batt

View attachment 132378
14500 Trustfire "protected" 900 mah battery
View attachment 132379

Battery was in a BB in a pants pocket in a work locker. The horned power switch got compressed in the pocket and tripped a short in the battery, melting the skin on the battery and blowing out the caps, and vented a black sooty powder-like substance.

Last edited:

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Foxman...thanks for posting about your experience. I am very happy you were not seriously injured. I carry my batteries in the plastic cases..however when I opened my storage tonight saw I had a couple of adapters floating around in the same storage space as loose batteries...could have been a problem. Thanks to you sharing your story..that has been fixed and in the future I will be much more alert.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I'm glad your'e ok. One of my vendors friend had put batteries in his pocket. They heated up, and made him dance. Since I've heard that story, I separate my spare batteries in those little zip-loc bags. I try to keep them as cool as possible. I wear cargo shorts about 360 days out of the year. I put my spares on the bottom pocket next to my knee. That's only for a short period of time to work. But now I'll just put them on my car seat. You just never know.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
When I was a newb I used to put single batts in my pocket and one day I had a bunch of change in the same pocket, luckily I caught it while it was warming up and no explosion or anything, it got so hot that I burned my fingers pulling it out tho, I use battery cases now :) Very important people understand battery safety especially when dealing with lithium.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I just want to thank you for the heads up and to let you know that today I put my battery in an empty pill bottle instead of just putting it in the case with the rest of my "stuff". I used to just put it in the mesh pocket of my eGo case, but since I have carto's in there, and a paper clip, didn't want to chance a meeting of them.

So, THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread