ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
SE Michigan

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
Those are absolutely fine. I have those batteries, and I have a different charger, the Trustfire TR-001, that I'd also recommend - I bought it before I ever heard of MadVapes, but I've known other people to get that charger from MadVapes and they love it.

My own personal preference would be for the TR-001 only because it has a more traditional 'plug' that has a cord running to the charger, where the MadVapes one is the kind where the 'plug' unfolds from the back of the charger. My preference is due solely to the fact that the TR-001 plug takes up less 'real estate' around the socket, where the MadVapes one may cover up some of the socket next to the one where it is plugged in.

I do have another charger that is for a single 18650 and it has the plug that unfolds from the back. Since it is only meant to charge a single battery, it can be plugged into a socket so that it doesn't overlap the 'next' socket.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Okay, I know this is a stupid question.. And my brain is pretty much non-functional today... moreseo than usual.

If lithium batteries are touching during transit, say in a small cardboard tube or somesuch, with no actual circuit being applied.. do they drain out, or damage each other?

I have this cool little cigar case, just big enough for Chuck and spare batteries..is that dangerous somehow?

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
I don't think they drain out. I think when touching they just equalize. But, hopefully, a batt expert will answer.

Debbie

Bottom line is...no complete circuit...no flow of electrons...no drainage.

Even if the + from one batt touches the - from the other batt, if there is nothing to connect the circuit in a complete loop it will not drain the batts.

ePuffDaddy

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Philippines
Daniel-
For big Chuck:
If you want 3.7 volt, order a 18650 battery.
If you want 6 volt, order a set of RCR123 3 volt batteries.

Plain enough?

My apologies if this may come out stupid, but how do you achieve the sweet spot of 5v when using the Chuck? Is it practically the same as using two 3.0v RCR123 batteries for a 6 volt jolt? Because my math tells me 5 is not equal to 6.

Thanks in advance. =)

dahdahdan

Dec 30, 2009
GARDENA
My apologies if this may come out stupid, but how do you achieve the sweet spot of 5v when using the Chuck? Is it practically the same as using two 3.0v RCR123 batteries for a 6 volt jolt? Because my math tells me 5 is not equal to 6.

Thanks in advance. =)

with the use of a HV atty like the one from nhaler There are other sites but I don't know them, sorry.

also if you are running 2 3.7v 123s, they carry a 5.2 ohm atty instead of the 6v 4.5 ohm atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread