Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilibet

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Virginia
I can't find protected 18350 batteries anywhere. I spent over a hour searching. Please help! I am getting ready to order my first mod, a little chuck but alas no batteries to be found :(
MadVapes seems to be out of them right now. Since you have a few weeks to wait for your Chuck, you might contact them to see when they'll be back in stock. Alternatively, you can use these in a little Chuck.

Lilibet

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Virginia
Now my new question is "how do you know when you should remove your battery so as to not over discharge it?"
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the PCB 18650 batteries that I use come with this advisory:
Internal PCB protection prevents under-voltage at 2.5V and over-voltage at 4.25V.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Now my new question is "how do you know when you should remove your battery so as to not over discharge it?"

The discharge curve of the LiMn's is such that the volts drops off quickly once its almost dead. So, your Chuck isn't doing much at all... very suddenly. Same with 2 LiFePo4 3V batts in the big Chuck. So, when vapor drops off quickly, change the batts.

The protected batteries act the same way, except if you push them long enough the PCB turns them off.

Lilibet

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Virginia
You might consider these from MadVapes too. The shipping is bound to be much less.

ETA: Never mind, I just noticed the shipping is free from DealExtreme.

Last edited:

DanteInferno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2010
A Hot Place
It is all in your imagination.

No, from what I can tell it is because it is higher mah which holds its a charge longer. My CR123a are strong at first but discharge much quicker than my 18650 so it seems like the larger battery is stronger where as I think it is just more consistent and longer lasting.

I hardly ever use my CR123s except on certain juices because it tends to dry my throat out and almost burn my mouth at 6 volts for some reason, even with VG juice. The 3.7v with big batteries seems to do great for me and I enjoy the longer battery life.

*shrug*

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
It is all in your imagination.

No, from what I can tell it is because it is higher mah which holds its a charge longer. My CR123a are strong at first but discharge much quicker than my 18650 so it seems like the larger battery is stronger where as I think it is just more consistent and longer lasting.

I hardly ever use my CR123s except on certain juices because it tends to dry my throat out and almost burn my mouth at 6 volts for some reason, even with VG juice. The 3.7v with big batteries seems to do great for me and I enjoy the longer battery life.

*shrug*

Thats what I figured.. The big battery just almost feels like 5v with my 510.. which is a good thing as I need to try and get away from 6v sometimes.

I'm just agraid that I will forsake my little Chucks as a result.

DanteInferno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2010
A Hot Place
Waffle just treat it like a red-headed step chuck and abuse it during those difficult times...like when the strippers gone wild or when a trip to the mailbox is necessary. Save the big chuck from dangerous situations or when the extra strain might hurt something...I keep mine beside the bed...you know for when the extra weight might cause me to tip over improperly
:evil:
;)

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio

If it were me...for a little chuck I'd order either these:
AW RCR123a Protected 750 mAh Battery
or these:
AW IMR16340 550 mAh IMR CR123 size LiMN Rechargeable Lithium Battery

while the *fire batteries are fine they are generic and the labels can vary.. I just like the AWs better and I've never heard a bad review on them...I've never heard anyone have anything but good things to say about them..

the second ones listed are safe chemistry LiMN much like LiFePo are safe chenistry and are high discharge batteries..

Boris

Moved On
Sep 18, 2009
I'd like to purchase the following batteries from Madvapes:

1) Protected CR2/15270 Li-Ion Battery, 3 Volts, 600 mAH
2) CR2/15270 Li-Ion Battery, 3 Volts, 800 mAH
3) Protected 18650 Battery, 3000 mah

Does anyone know if the AD-108 charger will charge all 3 of these battery types? The site mentions a penny workaorund for their other chargers but doesn't mention the ad-108 charger.

ChristianBart

Feb 8, 2010
Maryland
AS OF TODAY....ALL-BATTERY.COM is still running the "coupon15" code for %15 off order then for orders over $25 use "tenergydeals" code at shipping confirmation page near the end of the process to get FREE SHIPPING. I have had no problems with this company or the codes and have used them quite a few times now. Just some info for folks who want to save some coin. This is not an endorsement for this company, just info for a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread