Status
Not open for further replies.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
AS OF TODAY....ALL-BATTERY.COM is still running the "coupon15" code for %15 off order then for orders over $25 use "tenergydeals" code at shipping confirmation page near the end of the process to get FREE SHIPPING. I have had no problems with this company or the codes and have used them quite a few times now. Just some info for folks who want to save some coin. This is not an endorsement for this company, just info for a good deal.
Wish I had seen that^^yesterday. Oh well, I still got a pretty good deal on 6 batteries and a charger for $35.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
For anyone who has the Ultrafire WF-139 charger, it says in the description:

NOTE: RCR123 batteries require 15mm charging spacers, available separately below.

Just want to make sure that these spacers are absolutely required and that they are "safe" and all.
The spacers are no big deal..they're just milled pieces of aluminum..

I use a different charger but it's made the same...and the batteries are too short to contact both posts on the charger..you could stack dimes between the positive end of the battery and the charger connection...but the spacers are just easier..

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD

I use a different charger but it's made the same...and the batteries are too short to contact both posts on the charger..you could stack dimes between the positive end of the battery and the charger connection...but the spacers are just easier..

Thanks so much! I'm about to order all AW batteries to replace my Ultrafire ones and I'm replacing the charger I got. One of my 16340s got some of the outer coating ripped off, so I just threw it away.

Anyone know of a discount code for lighthound?

Edit: I found one, cpf for 2% off

Last edited:

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate

I've also heard that magnets work very well as spacers.
Magnetic Spacer for Charging CR2 or 14250 Battery

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Thanks so much! I'm about to order all AW batteries to replace my Ultrafire ones and I'm replacing the charger I got. One of my 16340s got some of the outer coating ripped off, so I just threw it away.

Anyone know of a discount code for lighthound?

Edit: I found one, cpf for 2% off
I've got the 15mm spacers from lighthound...they work just fine..

another place you can check is CPF (candlepowerforum) the AW dealer sells direct from there through paypal..slightly more difficult to navigate but you can do a good price comparison..

Here's the AW guy's sales thread:
AW's LiIon Batteries Sales Thread *Part 11* - CPFMarketPlace

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I'm getting there -- having read everything 23 times.
1) Make sure the batteries you get are rechargeable
2) If you get li-ion batteries, make sure they are "Protected."
3) LiFeP04 and LiMN batteries are a different form of lithium battery and they are more stable (or more whatever) than li-ion batteries so they don't come in protected versions.

I'm getting the Little Chuck. I bought protected 18350s (only available at MadVapes) and AW's LiMN 16340s from LightHound.

I got the 18350s before the latest round of "your mod will explode" hysteria. I like the fact that they have a higher mAh than the 16340s (aka RCR123As) so I won't have to change batteries as often. But at this point I think I'll mostly use the LiMNs.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I'm getting there -- having read everything 23 times.
1) Make sure the batteries you get are rechargeable
2) If you get li-ion batteries, make sure they are "Protected."
3) LiFeP04 and LiMN batteries are a different form of lithium battery and they are more stable (or more whatever) than li-ion batteries so they don't come in protected versions.

I'm getting the Little Chuck. I bought protected 18350s (only available at MadVapes) and AW's LiMN 16340s from LightHound.

I got the 18350s before the latest round of "your mod will explode" hysteria. I like the fact that they have a higher mAh than the 16340s (aka RCR123As) so I won't have to change batteries as often. But at this point I think I'll mostly use the LiMNs.
Very nice...that pretty accurately sums things up..the high drain LiMNs should be very nice and perform very well...and I'll think you'll be surprised...I'd expect them to last about long as the higher mAh rated ones (the generic *Fire brand trends to be over rated for their mAh rating while the AW batteries tend to be more "true"...example my 14500 batteries...my 3.7V 750mAh AW battery lasts longer than my Ultrafire 3.6V 900mAh battery)
One thing I would add....if you're going to go with regular Li-ion CR123a (16340) batteries...consider spending the little bit of extra $ and get the AW CR123a ...they have an extra layer of protection than just the PCB...they have something called a PTC in it as well...esentually the PCB protects the battery from overcurrent, undercurrent and shorts...the PTC protects against overheat and over pressure..and will effectively "snap" the connection between terminals on the battery thus stopping any chemical reaction..

kaji

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
CA
Little Chuck uses a 18350 or 16340.

If you want a 18350 you can get the protected ones at madvapes. If you want 16340 batteries (AW), you can get them at lighthound. Sorry I can't post links yet.

i've read this ....i promise!
maybe...too much coffee this morning?

is this the right battery?:

3.7 volt aw 18650 3000 mah limn protected batt.?
one in the chuck and one on the charger = 2 batt's needed for lil chuck?
where is the place to get these?

thanks so much in advance for any help !

grabeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Just outside my comfort zone.
thank you kaji !

ordered : aw cr123a prot batt 750 mah with charger

now...just need to decide what chuck will look like :)

it will be good to not charge every 45 min on the 510.
how long can i vape on this battery for the lil chuck?
Mine last all day with heavy vaping. When I get home from work, I place them back on the charger and put fresh 1's in. Have never run them down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread