Battery is Acting weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimkasashaka

Jul 2, 2016
Hi! I have a eGo-T battery and even though I unscrewed the tank from the battery (for storage and charging purposes) the light will not go off. I just shrugged and put the tank back on then to find out it smoked all my juice! Lol, I want to find out how to turn off the blue light, I tried the press 5 times trick and it didn't work, when I screwed it back on it stopped the light (after the 5 times trick) and it started blinking and shut off, then when I tried to take a puff it didn't work at all, it just started blinking. I don't know maybe you veterans could help me out please, I know I am a beginner and most likely you guys (and gals) and laughing but I need help I don't know what to do.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi! I have a eGo-T battery and even though I unscrewed the tank from the battery (for storage and charging purposes) the light will not go off. I just shrugged and put the tank back on then to find out it smoked all my juice! Lol, I want to find out how to turn off the blue light, I tried the press 5 times trick and it didn't work, when I screwed it back on it stopped the light (after the 5 times trick) and it started blinking and shut off, then when I tried to take a puff it didn't work at all, it just started blinking. I don't know maybe you veterans could help me out please, I know I am a beginner and most likely you guys (and gals) and laughing but I need help I don't know what to do.

Hi dimkasashaka. And Welcome to the ECF.

It sounds like there might be something Wrong with you eGo-T Battery.

When you said you put the Tank Back On and it smoked all your juice do you mean that it was Firing on it's own without you pressing the Button? Because if it is Firing on its own, that Isn't Safe. And you Shouldn't use the Battery.

Have you had this eGo-T long or has it ever doing strange things Before? Or is it Brand New?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    @zoiDman it is new I got it about last week, and yes it was firing on it's own when it was in my pocket, when I took it out it was all oily, meaning the whole pen felt greasy which I guess is the e-liquid. I quiet frankly don't know what to do and if I could use this again, please help and thank you for your support.
    Good morning. When a battery Auto Fires, it's pretty much broken. I am very happy to hear that it didn't vent in your pocket.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    @zoiDman it is new I got it about last week, and yes it was firing on it's own when it was in my pocket, when I took it out it was all oily, meaning the whole pen felt greasy which I guess is the e-liquid. I quiet frankly don't know what to do and if I could use this again, please help and thank you for your support.

If a Battery like an eGo-T Autofires, its time to either try and do a Return on it. Or to Recycle it.

Its just Not Safe to Use.

Price of a New eGo-T Battery: About 10 Bucks.
    Price of a 2nd Degree Burn on you Leg: $2,500 in Hospital Bills.
    Price of Not Burning Down your House while you are Asleep: Priceless.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Ffot3Ef.jpg

Reactions: miteret

Continuity

ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2015
    NW, UK
    It sounds like it was 'autofiring' either due to a fault, or because eliquid was spilt on it and got into the firing button.

Pretty much all eGo-type batteries I've seen autolimit the firing time to 7-10 seconds, so theoretically it shouldn't have been able to fire continuously until the battery depleted - it would have also gotten extremely hot and possibly melted the plastic in that case.

If you've only had it a week, then I'd give it a very good wipe-down, take it back to who sold it to you and say that it started autofiring and describe what happened with the LED - they should replace it for a new one (and hopefully throw in some new juice to replace what you lost! Oh, and a new coil head or two wouldn't go amiss!).

Rest assured it won't be the first faulty eGo-type battery return they'll have ever seen...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread