Battery issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfeltch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Hanover, Pa
Can someone please tell me why I constantly have to remove my battery on my P3 when it reads low and put it back in to get a higher percentage reading on it? Example: my battery just read 16% unscrewed the cap, took it off, put it back on, now reads 25%. This happens all the time. Has done this since brand new. Latest firmware update is on it. This is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: AstroTurf

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Yes on cleaning spring and battery top and bottom.
No on the No-Ox.
AW 18500's - Bought from RTDVapor in March

Is that 18500 a misprint?

Here is why I ask... AW makes 18490s, and RTD sells authentic AW, But I've seen dozens of counterfeit AW batteries in the 18500 size, not 18490.

Also, No-Ox ID does actually help.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Can someone please tell me why I constantly have to remove my battery on my P3 when it reads low and put it back in to get a higher percentage reading on it? Example: my battery just read 16% unscrewed the cap, took it off, put it back on, now reads 25%. This happens all the time. Has done this since brand new. Latest firmware update is on it. This is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance.
Having reviewed all of the spec info that you have provided.

I would ask, why are you removing and reinstalling the battery?

It is an estimate of battery fuel remaining.

When you remove, and reinstall the battery, it begins that calculation all over again.

Leave it in, and enjoy your vape.

My advice, Jim

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Even the old 2s and 2.5s do that. On them when the button would blink indicating the battery was about to die you could unscrew the cap and screw it back in to get a few more minutes of battery life out of it.

Nothing wrong with it. It's just the way Provaris work. It's actually helped me out a few times on long drives home when I couldn't swap batteries till I got there.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

sfeltch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Hanover, Pa
I guess I can answer that. I hate the annoying blinking light. So you are telling me this is the intended behavior? I always have a spare battery with me, so informing me with a blinking light that I would assume is decreasing my battery while its already low seems counter productive. When my mod stops vaping I pop in a new battery, if I don't have one what good is it to decrease what I have left with a blinking light? Besides, you mean to tell me they can't estimate the battery life any closer than 10% of the remaining battery life?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I guess I can answer that. I hate the annoying blinking light. So you are telling me this is the intended behavior? I always have a spare battery with me, so informing me with a blinking light that I would assume is decreasing my battery while its already low seems counter productive. When my mod stops vaping I pop in a new battery, if I don't have one what good is it to decrease what I have left with a blinking light? Besides, you mean to tell me they can't estimate the battery life any closer than 10% of the remaining battery life?
Each and every cell is unique, even brand new identical models can have very slight differences in their behavior. Compound that with different charge/discharge cycles throughout their life and they can behave differently from one to another. The life remaining is really just a calculation done by the device, a guess if you will. I pull my batteries as soon as the device starts blinking, at that point the power is already sagging under load, I can usually tell when my cells are getting depleted by the vape, and that is usually before the light starts blinking. You are not alone, there are other folks who get annoyed with the blinking low battery signal, it is what it is I guess.

rondo777

Jun 1, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
I know late to the game but....... My P3 did the same thing with perfectly good batteries. It did it from new and clean. 100% charge and 15 mins into vaping it would shut down displaying dead battery. Take out the battery and put it back in and 86% might show up. Mine started to cause batteries to leak, of course by then Provape would not honor the warrentee and blamed the problem on the leak, not admitting that a faulty board cause the leaks to begin with. If your P3 is doing this, Stop using it. its not normal.

TFL!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Chatfield, MN, USA
I know late to the game but....... My P3 did the same thing with perfectly good batteries. It did it from new and clean. 100% charge and 15 mins into vaping it would shut down displaying dead battery. Take out the battery and put it back in and 86% might show up. Mine started to cause batteries to leak, of course by then Provape would not honor the warrentee and blamed the problem on the leak, not admitting that a faulty board cause the leaks to begin with. If your P3 is doing this, Stop using it. its not normal.
This Statement is no help with out info on battery such as brand of battery, new, used, battery number. etc. At this point I would have to call it bull

Reactions: CMD-Ky

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Each and every cell is unique, even brand new identical models can have very slight differences in their behavior. Compound that with different charge/discharge cycles throughout their life and they can behave differently from one to another. The life remaining is really just a calculation done by the device, a guess if you will. I pull my batteries as soon as the device starts blinking, at that point the power is already sagging under load, I can usually tell when my cells are getting depleted by the vape, and that is usually before the light starts blinking. You are not alone, there are other folks who get annoyed with the blinking low battery signal, it is what it is I guess.
The blinking yellow low battery light lasts for 45 seconds and will quit blinking until you use it again.

Reactions: AstroTurf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread