Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
GetAttachment.jpg
Bad photo but one of one of my batteries has a tiny dent and a scorch mark. Don't know how I got them. Still safe or throw them out? The green one has a small dent. Its not even noticeable unless a certain light. They still Ok? Thanks

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A "scorch mark" indicates some arcing has occurred, which suggests a short could have occurred. You can never tell what damage has occurred inside the battery. Like the saying, "You can't judge a book by its cover", you can't judge what inner damage a battery has sustained by its outer appearance.

I suggest keeping a close eye on those batteries. Check the voltages coming out of the mod, and coming off of the charger. If the voltages are not kosher, I'd dispose of the batteries.

If I were you, I'd be trying to figure out why my batteries both have dents in them, and one has a scorch mark. :confused: That's not normal and something is amiss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben85

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Was just wondering cause that may be anything.

I use Deoxit gold. Wipe on, wipe off.

Any scorch marks on the contacts inside your mods? If it's scorching it will show up there just as prevalent.

The dents look just like a tight fit in a battery tray... or if used in a mech, gunk collected making for a hard press to make good contact.

So far, I wouldn't worry about it. But more info would be good to make sure.

Tapatyped

Reactions: Zutankhamun

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Arcing occurs when the contact is close to the battery.
Like when you use the momentary switch. It happens on a small scale every time you fire a bottom switch mech.
Its quite normal.

Dents are not.
Looks like oxide layer or cooked juice rubbed off of contact.

Looks nothing like arcs or pits.

Tapatyped

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
For real!!! Oh no. I rewrap whenever snagged and just visible dirt would be the only time I would do it. Been vaping for over a 1.5 yrs never ever cleaned a battery just wipe when rewrapping. Feel like a div. how do you clean them?

I use SS mesh.
Threads, contacts, battery terminals, 510 pins, everything.
Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread