Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I'm getting some of those AW IMR 14500 and 18650, anyone know if my Trustfire TR 001 charger is ok for these? Been using it for my Ultrafire batts.

I have that same charger with the Tenergy rebranding and it works fine. I've been eyeing a Pila charger at oveready.com tho. If my one charger goes kaput, I'm screwed!

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Just a FYI- I'm not associated with Oveready.com in anyway but have been extremely impressed with them. I guess the first good impression was their very fast shipping and decent pricing and the fact they had batteries in stock when most others didn't. The second good impression was seeing hand written thank you's on my receipt when I got the batteries and how well they were packaged- each individual battery had a foam pack around them. These guys are a family business! That makes it even better- a company I want to support. So I got some AW 14500's from them last night, and left a thanks and a link to the ECF, letting them know that we here at this community appreciate their business, and then this morning, I got this email from Dan- the owner of his company:

Hi David,

We are big proponents of quality equipment and consider AWs the best available. The E cig phenomena hit pretty quickly, but we are making rapid adjustments to your preferences. I brought the 14500's upon the request of another ECF member and am now in the process of bringing in WF 138 chargers. These are similar to the 139's but cheaper and sized specifically for AA/AAA (10440/14500) cells.

I have also signed up for an ECF membership and have completed the approval process to become a recognized accessories dealer. On a personal note, my wife is a smoker of some 30 years and is looking forward to getting into the groove.

Extra note: We make many of our flashlight parts ourselves, both physical and electrical. Our engineer is interested in learning more about vaping technology and perhaps developing an E cig platform. We are both still very new to ECF so any links to "what works and what doesn't" would be appreciated.

Thank you for your support and encouragement

Dan

OVEREADY.com
Flashlight Guide
sales@oveready.com
Salem, OR USA

CJLite

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
USA
I had that charger. Mine worked well enough to get the job done, but not as well as I had hoped it would. I had three issues with it. The first is that I had problems charging two batts at the same time with it. The second is that lights sometimes seemed flaky and flickered when they were supposed to be a solid red or green. The third is that I would have to fidget with the batteries to get them to start charging because the spring-adjustable contacts wouldn't make proper contact.

After only a couple weeks with the TR-001, I upgraded to WF-139 chargers. Those worked a lot better, and I recommend spending the extra money getting one of the UltraFire WF series chargers if you have room in your budget for it. Now I'm using PILAs which I like even better.

I'm getting some of those AW IMR 14500 and 18650, anyone know if my Trustfire TR 001 charger is ok for these? Been using it for my Ultrafire batts.

InhaleGal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
I got the AW IMR 14500 LiMN Rechargeable Lithium Batterys for my Mini and an UltraFire WF-188 Charger. The Charger has some switches on the side. I have the one set to 3.7v. But what should I set the mah one to? 300 or 650? These batteries are 600mah, so I didn't want to just set it to 650mah without asking first. Thanks!

CJLite

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
USA
I got the AW IMR 14500 LiMN Rechargeable Lithium Batterys for my Mini and an UltraFire WF-188 Charger. The Charger has some switches on the side. I have the one set to 3.7v. But what should I set the mah one to? 300 or 650? These batteries are 600mah, so I didn't want to just set it to 650mah without asking first. Thanks!

You nailed it with the 3.7v option. The 650mA setting is for batts rated 650mAh or higher. I think your batts are 600mAh, so I would go with the 300mAh setting.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Thanks so much! I haven't had to charge 'em yet, but I just wanted to make sure!

I must say that you have made VERY good choices on the batteries, and charger.. :) It's not good to run them down until the cut-off is reached though... I would work a battery rotation into your daily routine, and keep them at least partially charged... (Before the cut-off)

CJLite

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
USA
+1. I like OverReady better than Lighthound. Even if OverReady is a penny or two more, you (a) get your batteries faster, (b) get your batteries packed in styrofoam tubes, (c) support a small busniess and caring family who (d) believes you're a special person.

Same here: not affiliated other than a few pleasant exchanges via e-mail after I wrote them a thank you note to tell them how impressed I was with their delivery speed and packing.

Just a FYI- I'm not associated with Oveready.com in anyway but have been extremely impressed with them. I guess the first good impression was their very fast shipping and decent pricing and the fact they had batteries in stock when most others didn't. The second good impression was seeing hand written thank you's on my receipt when I got the batteries and how well they were packaged- each individual battery had a foam pack around them. These guys are a family business! That makes it even better- a company I want to support. So I got some AW 14500's from them last night, and left a thanks and a link to the ECF, letting them know that we here at this community appreciate their business, and then this morning, I got this email from Dan- the owner of his company:

Hi David,

We are big proponents of quality equipment and consider AWs the best available. The E cig phenomena hit pretty quickly, but we are making rapid adjustments to your preferences. I brought the 14500's upon the request of another ECF member and am now in the process of bringing in WF 138 chargers. These are similar to the 139's but cheaper and sized specifically for AA/AAA (10440/14500) cells.

I have also signed up for an ECF membership and have completed the approval process to become a recognized accessories dealer. On a personal note, my wife is a smoker of some 30 years and is looking forward to getting into the groove.

Extra note: We make many of our flashlight parts ourselves, both physical and electrical. Our engineer is interested in learning more about vaping technology and perhaps developing an E cig platform. We are both still very new to ECF so any links to "what works and what doesn't" would be appreciated.

Thank you for your support and encouragement

Dan

OVEREADY.com
Flashlight Guide
sales@oveready.com
Salem, OR USA

InhaleGal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
I must say that you have made VERY good choices on the batteries, and charger.. :) It's not good to run them down until the cut-off is reached though... I would work a battery rotation into your daily routine, and keep them at least partially charged... (Before the cut-off)

I got 4 of them, so I will make sure to just keep a good rotation going. Thanks!

CJLite

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
USA
Thanks so much! I haven't had to charge 'em yet, but I just wanted to make sure!

My pleasure. I read you got four of them. You're a smart woman; four is the perfect amount for a Mini. Don't get disappointed if they don't last long between charges the first time or two you charge them. Battery life after the first charge is dismal. Then it starts getting good. After the fourth charge, they start getting good, consistent time between charges.

BTW, if you want a good way to store you spare batts and atty, the perfect device for me is the ballistic nylon case. You can fit two 14500 batts, a spare 3-mil bottle, and an atty in there. Here's the link ...

Ballistic Nylon Battery Case with Keyring

You can also buy one at Ms. T's Bakery ...

Ms T's Bottle Buddy (without e-juice) - Ms T's Bakery Essentials

Best Wishes.

InhaleGal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
My pleasure. I read you got four of them. You're a smart woman; four is the perfect amount for a Mini. Don't get disappointed if they don't last long between charges the first time or two you charge them. Battery life after the first charge is dismal. Then it starts getting good. After the fourth charge, they start getting good, consistent time between charges.

BTW, if you want a good way to store you spare batts and atty, the perfect device for me is the ballistic nylon case. You can fit two 14500 batts, a spare 3-mil bottle, and an atty in there. Here's the link ...

Ballistic Nylon Battery Case with Keyring

You can also buy one at Ms. T's Bakery ...

Ms T's Bottle Buddy (without e-juice) - Ms T's Bakery Essentials

Best Wishes.

Thanks so much! But I think I got my storage taken care of... My Storage Solution. Your idea is a little too small for my needs, lol! :oops:

Actually that would be perfect for like a trip to an amusement park, or somewhere I wouldn't have a purse or something larger with me. :)

Last edited:

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I have to agree with previous posts about the Pila Charger. After my Trustfire charger left me stranded using an eGo for 3 days my Pila charger arrived. It's a top notch unit. Quiet - Small - and works perfectly. My batts read 4.21 every time, and the reset button is nice if you have to throw one on that still reads 3.9v - the light reads charged, but you hit the reset and it shoots them back up to 4.21.

I don't really find it expensive at all for what it is, and what purpose it serves.
Its the lifeblood of a good vaping experience .....
50 bucks is nothing for a good reliable unit.

Just like mods and batteries, you get what you pay for.

I now have a second Pila charger still in the box just incase I ever get stuck again.

CJLite

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
USA
+1. I also like the flip-up covers on them. Keeps the dust off the contacts when not in use.

I have to agree with previous posts about the Pila Charger. After my Trustfire charger left me stranded using an eGo for 3 days my Pila charger arrived. It's a top notch unit. Quiet - Small - and works perfectly. My batts read 4.21 every time, and the reset button is nice if you have to throw one on that still reads 3.9v - the light reads charged, but you hit the reset and it shoots them back up to 4.21.

I don't really find it expensive at all for what it is, and what purpose it serves.
Its the lifeblood of a good vaping experience .....
50 bucks is nothing for a good reliable unit.

Just like mods and batteries, you get what you pay for.

I now have a second Pila charger still in the box just incase I ever get stuck again.

Ok, I just pulled my 1st 5 volt NiMH battery off the charger, carefully loaded it into my Grand, and took a couple of hits off my 801 2.0Ω atty. It measured 5.7 volts fresh off the charger, btw.

Now, I know this is too much voltage for this atty, but I was just wanting to vape away the juice in the atty before switching over to a 3.1 ohm 510 carto.

Wow! Head rush!

Just tried the carto. Nice!

Now let's see how these puppies hit for the rest of the evening.

:p

what kind of battery are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread