Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
lol dammit! What don't you like about the IMRs BH? I ordered a couple haven't got them yet. Been using the Ultrafire protected that Rob was using way back...

Well they don't last as long. I use mine from 4.2 to 3.8 volts usually ....
I was pretty sure they didn't last as long. Then I saw the chart in this thread that proves they don't last as long.

You can babble all you want about consistency but for me ....
Consistency = how long can I vape on it before it dips below 3.8 volts and seems week.
For that the NON-IMR is king :)

Plus the IMR are shorter and the battery squishes down on the spring when you push the button.
The 2600 mah AWs are the perfect length. Room for the spring to collapse if need, but not squishy feeling.

For 14500 I would only use IMR, but for the 18650 it is not needed at all IMO.

They will still work fine, and I would rather have an AW IMR - vs - any other brand ..... AW Brand Rocks.

Last edited:

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
The AW IMR 18650 works well for me, but I don't use the same battery all day. Like BH said, I notice a drop off in performance around 3.6 to 3.8 volts and then I pop in a fresh battery. I'm probably exacerbating the whole affair with my tendency to take short, frequent vapes. I'm trying to retrain myself to take longer, easier draws and savor the vapor more.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I run the newer Redilast 2900mAh in my Grand and it works great, holds the higher voltages for a long time and hits hard, all you Reo fans might wanna check this Batt out in your Grand.

I wouldn't mind trying them, but the length is pushing it a bit.
2900: 68.65-68.95mm x 18.5mm

The AW 2600 run 67.80 and thats pretty tight.
Might just be enough.

I don't know what the AW 2900 measure (I gave mine away) but that was really tight in there.

Is there any room left for your spring to compress and break contact if there were a failure ???

Emris

Time Lord
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It wasn't a problem in mine either, just really tight. if you look at the spring when one is in there is no room left to compress.

I can see that, I remember very little room left as it did squish the spring down a lot! When I first read your post I was thinking that you were referring to the mythical safety spring.

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
I'm running the AW 2900 mAh batteries in my Grand, and I'm nothing but pleased. I can get a full day of vaping out of one with no problem at all...vaping LIKE A BOSS, even.
Like a BAWSS!

It wasn't a problem in mine either, just really tight. if you look at the spring when one is in there is no room left to compress.
My UF 2400mAh protected barely fits my Grand, zero room for the spring to compress but the button feels oh so nice and solid - screw safety lol

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I wouldn't mind trying them, but the length is pushing it a bit.
2900: 68.65-68.95mm x 18.5mm

The AW 2600 run 67.80 and thats pretty tight.
Might just be enough.

I don't know what the AW 2900 measure (I gave mine away) but that was really tight in there.

Is there any room left for your spring to compress and break contact if there were a failure ???

They fit snug but perfectly fine, there an awesome Batt I rotate 4 of them in my Grand and they hit hard real hard and last for what seems like forever though I like to rotate my batts faster than most I like when there running in the 4V range in my grand, anyway try these Redilast you will really like these Batts Big Hitter

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread