nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Another good thread on batteries:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/212398-does-early-recharge-count-full-cycle-battery.html

This is for the multimeter sold here: Hongda DT-95B multimeter voltage meter
To use a multimeter: To check your batteries voltage, first set the dial to the Green 20. Then put the black probe to the negative side of the battery and the red probe to the positive side. (black=bottom of batt. red=top of batt.) This will display a number for you.

To check atomizer resistance- set the dial to the white 200 (4 o'clock position).touch the 2 probes together at the grooves in the tips.and wait for the numbers to settle and stop.should be a 0.2 could be higher. remember that number.put the red probe in the bottom hole of the atomizer and touch the threads of the atomizer with the black. Take that number and subtract the number you got from touching the probes in the begining. That is your atomizers resistance.

Last edited:

rabbit13

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2011
Los Angeles
Wow so it looks like AW IMR 18650s are most people's favorite. Do you guys have to carry a couple around w/ you all day? It's true that the voltage seems pretty consistent, but since they're 1600mah I need approx two a day, whereas with the AW 18650 protected (2600 mah) I just need one a day- and there's still some power left over.

So what's the deal? Why do you guys like the IMRs? is it mainly cuz of the consistent voltage or is it because they aren't flat top and maybe work better in the REOs? Or is it purely a safety preference?

Thanks everyone.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
So what's the deal? Why do you guys like the IMRs? is it mainly cuz of the consistent voltage or is it because they aren't flat top and maybe work better in the REOs? Or is it purely a safety preference?

All of the above. Also, because of their consistency, you may find one is sufficient for the same amount of time that you get on the 2600.

I always carry a small nylon case Nylon battery case with an extra battery, atomizer, and juice (just in case).

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
For me it is safety first and foremost. I have put other batteries in my REO's and the fit is so tight the spring can not collapse further. I would rather have to change a battery a couple of times a day than replace a spring or worse. I am away from home at work for almost 4 days in a row each week. If I had a short and my REO was fried, I do have my backup with me. But just how many backups would I need to feel safe? Would rather carry extra batteries than REO's. The recommended battery works well, and I am happy.

Wow so it looks like AW IMR 18650s are most people's favorite. Do you guys have to carry a couple around w/ you all day? It's true that the voltage seems pretty consistent, but since they're 1600mah I need approx two a day, whereas with the AW 18650 protected (2600 mah) I just need one a day- and there's still some power left over.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread