Battery problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toybox

Jul 23, 2016
i have a Provari tube. I just got my new batteries
(Samsung INR18650-25R-2500mAh 3.7v button top) I charged it up and put it in.....no joy. The light didn't come on and no power. This it the same type I've always used but seen to always have trouble finding the right battery. Am I'm getting the wrong type? I've read that Samsung is a great battery.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Hello, and welcome to the forums.

First, It might help to tell me what kind of Provari you have. They have different types. But in the meantime, I can offer some suggestions.

First, you mentioned button top. Most Ecigs don't use the button top. I don't own a Provari, but I would probably try a flat top battery. Button tops generally tend to be longer, and might give some problems.

Check the Provari... look at where both ends of the battery should be touching. Make sure the positive and negative areas ARE in fact touching. If there's a spring, make sure the spring doesn't rest on the plastic of the battery. If there's a nub, make sure the nub touches the positive/negitive side. Also, make sure you have the positive and negative facing the right directions.

Also, where did you get the battery?

If you can, get a volt meter to check to see how much voltage the battery has after charging.

I know this sounds simple, but did you make sure you have your Provari turned on.

Does your Provari work with other batteries?

And last piece of advice.. your best bet is to go to a local vape shop and ask. more than likely they can quickly tell you what's wrong.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
i have a Provari tube. I just got my new batteries
(Samsung INR18650-25R-2500mAh 3.7v button top) I charged it up and put it in.....no joy. The light didn't come on and no power. This it the same type I've always used but seen to always have trouble finding the right battery. Am I'm getting the wrong type? I've read that Samsung is a great battery.

Though with a Provari 2.5 and earlier, yes they need button tops, but they were designed around button top AW IMR brand batteries, so it may just have a slight gap not making contact properly. I have a few Efest 18490's that suffer this with my Provari 2.5 mini, every time I take them off the charger I have to use a small needle to carefully pry the button top up a bit to make contact. I'd suggest though to find some type of thin, small button magnet, not the darker ones but the more chrome type of magnet, can't be larger in diameter than the button top of the battery, this should shim the space adequately enough, thinner the better, could be almost a fraction of a milli-meter all the difference if you can find one. I remember seeing also an adapter, basically a 18mm plastic disk with a floating brass pin in the middle to allow using flat top batteries with a provari or other device that required button tops.

Flat Top Battery Adapter

In fact I'd suggest RTDVapor for you for your battery needs being an authorized AW IMR reseller, especially with your running a Provari.

Reactions: sawlight

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
Though with a Provari 2.5 and earlier, yes they need button tops, but they were designed around button top AW IMR brand batteries, so it may just have a slight gap not making contact properly. I have a few Efest 18490's that suffer this with my Provari 2.5 mini, every time I take them off the charger I have to use a small needle to carefully pry the button top up a bit to make contact. I'd suggest though to find some type of thin, small button magnet, not the darker ones but the more chrome type of magnet, can't be larger in diameter than the button top of the battery, this should shim the space adequately enough, thinner the better, could be almost a fraction of a milli-meter all the difference if you can find one. I remember seeing also an adapter, basically a 18mm plastic disk with a floating brass pin in the middle to allow using flat top batteries with a provari or other device that required button tops.

Flat Top Battery Adapter

In fact I'd suggest RTDVapor for you for your battery needs being an authorized AW IMR reseller, especially with your running a Provari.

It is not recommended that you put magnets on top of your flat top batteries to use them in any Provari. They can detach from the battery and cause problems inside your mod. The Provari P3 can use unmodified flat top batteries.

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread