Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Flashlights, people would buy that 26650 to power their flashlights. That's just one of many uses for this battery. The warning was most likely spurred on by their lawyers to avoid lawsuits. I don't think it's for avoiding returns & refunds. Just because if the battery vented and someone tried to return it I doubt they would have a case. For the battery to vent it would be user error and not a defect. Even if it was a defect the only way to prove it would be to show the defect before a venting episode. Then I'm sure they would refund/replace the cell but after I think you'd be out of luck. Just my :2c:

I don't think people are buying batteries wrapped by IJOY a vape company and rated at 40a for their flashlights....way overkill. And IJOY certainly isn't offering them for flashlights.
IJOY - The World Leader in Electronic cigarette manufacturer/Maxo mod/Rdta tank

But yes the warnings are nothing but legal cover

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I've been noticing this with most reviewer's lately. A few of the mainstream companies have been releasing tube mechs, and/or mech squonkers in the last year. Just about every reviewer is running from .1-.15

Well, that borders on irresponsible. I guess they figure if it blows up they can edit that part out. Anyone know of a 40A 18650 battery that's only being given to reviewers?

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
There is little to no real journalism focused on the vape industry at large, just hype men and women, and enthusiast channels. Mech and battery information still comes down to user knowledge and research, and the work of Mooch and others doing the good work of testing these things for us.

Vape reviewers are good for feeding the shinyitis bug and that's about it, IMO. And battery manufacturers are mega-corporations that will protect themselves at all costs from liability and unwanted regulation, so they're going to cover their butts with walls of legalese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread