Battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decimate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
California
So.. the internet has many different answers when it comes to 'at which voltage should i recharge my battery'. I'm using an AW IMR 18350 atm. I've heard its best to charge at around 3.6v, some people say around 3.2v, and I've also heard it's perfectly safe to discharge an AW IMR all the way down to 2.5 ( i would never do this though lol ). Any links on this subject would be greatly appreciated, because I know it's been answered many times before..

ty

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Other than the general rule of not letting your battery voltage drop below 3.2v there is no "best" voltage when it comes to time for a recharge. As already stated running below 3.2v or over charging above 4.2v is when bad things start happening to battery chemistry.

There are a handful of specific chemistry Li-On batteries that are safe to discharge as low as 2.5v. However you better know with absolute certainty that you have one of those batteries by checking the manufacturer's spec sheet, not what "some people say." And for our purposes having that ability serves little purpose as you never get a decent vape at 3.2v, let alone 2.5v, in an unregulated device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread