Status
Not open for further replies.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I grew up near Underwriters Laboratories headquarters in Northbrook, Illinois.

As most know, UL is a testing lab used by OSHA and others to certify that electronic and other devices are safe for public use.

Most electronic devices in your home have a UL sticker on them such as your toaster, refrigerator, iron and many other products.

With all of the false advertising of Lithium batteries would you be for or against regulation?

They have installed battery regulation in the medical device field: UL Mobile | News

UL has a complete battery testing service here: UL Mobile | Industries and Solutions

There is regulation as to how lithium batteries can be shipped: why arent batteries regulated - Google Search
So you are regulated as to shipping lithium batteries but when it comes to the accuracy of the labels and exact outputs and power and specs of each individual battery, you can label them any way you want regardless of accuracy. IS THAT NOT BIZARRE?

There is regulation for lithium battery packs: Regulations

The ratings of vape batteries is so critical when determining what builds to run them with.

If the manufacturers and sellers can put any label they want on their batteries how is this safe for the vaping public?

I am not promoting a stance either way but simply throwing this out there for discussion.

I am sure the Caveat Emptor posters will chime in as well as the lawn mower people and everyday household cleaning supply people.

It's just amazing to me that sellers and makers of these high powered cells can put any label they want to on these batteries with zero recourse.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I tend to agree with you. I think that because China has few if any regulations placed on their manufacturers, many battery manufacturers take advantage of the situation by over-rating their specifications to scam consumers into thinking they are buying a superior battery, when in fact its likely just another manufacturer's B or C bin battery with a new wrap applied.

On the other hand, with the way the proposed FDA deeming regulations for all e-cigarette products appear to be heading, the word "regulations" puts fear into my heart.

I'm interested in reading what others feel about battery regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread