Battery replacement question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bander68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Conroe, TX
Hey folks! I am a satisfied REO Grand user who occasionally pops in when I have a question.

Today I decided to order a couple more batteries, since mine are no longer staying strong throughout the day. I went to log on to the same place I have bought all of my batteries for the last 4 years, and discovered they have gone out of business. Super T Manufacturing.

Have batteries and battery life improved to the point I should consider a different battery than the old stand-by button top AW-IMR 18650 1600mAh that I was told to buy for my first Grand back in 2011?

Or should I just go find this same trusty battery from a different vendor?

I want steady, consistent power thru the day. I am running an RM2 at around 1.2 most of the time, and I am most definitely not a cloud-chaser, just an all-day every-day steady vaper. My current batteries have been going fine for about a year, so they're due to be replaced. They've started waning in power about 2 hours before I get home from work, and they used to last until 3 hours after I got home. It's time.

Not necessarily a reo-specific question, but I know the good people here will have my answer before lunchtime today...and before my wife changes her mind about letting me spend money LOL.

Thanks!

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I just ordered four Samsung INR 25R (20 amp) from Illumination Supply on sale for $5.00 per. RTD has them too but are bit higher. I love my AW IMR 1600 when I play around with very low ohms and like the comfort of knowing there's 24 amps in them to give. Most of my coils are at .8 ohms or higher and the Samsung has great life and charge fast.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
In my metal Reos, I'll only use button top batteries, which, for me, means AW1600s or 2200s. The metal Reos were designed around button top batteries, and it seems to me that most of the problems that occasionally come up, with broken contacts, arcing, etc., stem from the use of flat tops. Personally, I just like the button throw better with button tops.
The Woodvils are a different story. Because the fire button doesn't actually contact the battery, I'll either use flat tops or button tops. Currently, I've been using some Sony VTC5s, that I've had since my tube mod days. When it's time to replace them, I'll probably buy Samsung25Rs. Although the LG HB6 is attractive. It's a true 30A battery. The drawback, for me is, it's only a 1500mAh battery.
The only place I buy batteries is RTD Vapor.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
In my metal Reos, I'll only use button top batteries, which, for me, means AW1600s or 2200s. The metal Reos were designed around button top batteries, and it seems to me that most of the problems that occasionally come up, with broken contacts, arcing, etc., stem from the use of flat tops. Personally, I just like the button throw better with button tops.
The Woodvils are a different story. Because the fire button doesn't actually contact the battery, I'll either use flat tops or button tops. Currently, I've been using some Sony VTC5s, that I've had since my tube mod days. When it's time to replace them, I'll probably buy Samsung25Rs. Although the LG HB6 is attractive. It's a true 30A battery. The drawback, for me is, it's only a 1500mAh battery.
The only place I buy batteries is RTD Vapor.
My sentiments verbatim. Nice :cool:

DoubleDZA

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
Hey folks! I am a satisfied REO Grand user who occasionally pops in when I have a question.

Today I decided to order a couple more batteries, since mine are no longer staying strong throughout the day. I went to log on to the same place I have bought all of my batteries for the last 4 years, and discovered they have gone out of business. Super T Manufacturing.

Have batteries and battery life improved to the point I should consider a different battery than the old stand-by button top AW-IMR 18650 1600mAh that I was told to buy for my first Grand back in 2011?

Or should I just go find this same trusty battery from a different vendor?

I want steady, consistent power thru the day. I am running an RM2 at around 1.2 most of the time, and I am most definitely not a cloud-chaser, just an all-day every-day steady vaper. My current batteries have been going fine for about a year, so they're due to be replaced. They've started waning in power about 2 hours before I get home from work, and they used to last until 3 hours after I got home. It's time.

Not necessarily a reo-specific question, but I know the good people here will have my answer before lunchtime today...and before my wife changes her mind about letting me spend money LOL.

Thanks!
I can relate to your vaping style fully, only difference is I'm at 0.9.
The LG HG2 batteries are looking fantastic, I ordered two of them to try them out.
Theres also the AW 3000mah, Mooch has done the work for us and has tested both cells, his conclusion was that if you were vaping at the resistances that we are vaping at, you should get insane battery life. They might even be the same cell.
In your case with a 1.2Ω coil, one cell should last you through work and then some :thumb:

If you'd like to geek out like I do, here ya go ;)
LG HG2
LG INR18650-HG2 20A 3000mAh Bench Test Results | E-Cigarette Forum

AW 3000mah 20A
AW 20A 3000mAh Flat-Top 18650 Bench Test Results...a good high-capacity 20A battery, could be an HG2 | E-Cigarette Forum

And here's a great test done for us vapers that stay under 10A :)
High Capacity Battery Shootout at 10A -- Bench Test Results...surprising winners! | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

DoubleDZA

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Deleted at poster's request

sjoat

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2011
Earth
I also used to use Super T Manufacturing exclusively. Got my Pila charger from them ages ago and it's still going strong

"Technically, not going out of business, just discontinuing the manufacturing of Ecig products. Unfortunately, we’ve just found with the current climate and influx of Chinese clones and the high cost of US Manufacturing, it just isn’t viable anymore. The products you see on the site are currently up to 50% off and once they are gone, they are gone, so if you’ve been wanting that something special, wanted to stock up or just wanted to grab a piece of Ecig history so to speak, now is your chance!" :/

Since then I've used RTD like the others. And AW because, I dunno, it's always been recommended by reosmods. I think they were the first to do the IMR cell. OG

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Thanks all. I ordered 2 more exactly like my old ones from rtd. I knew Reoville would come thru fast again. I considered others, but like the saying goes - if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Happy Friday!

Good choice with RTD. They ship out super quickly too, your AW's will likely be on the way by EOB today!

Since then I've used RTD like the others. And AW because, I dunno, it's always been recommended by reosmods. I think they were the first to do the IMR cell. OG

From what I've learned, mostly from the ECF experts, is that AW rocks because of their extensive testing. Not only do they acquire the best cells, but they do thorough testing to ensure that they deliver the safest, most reliable cells.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
There is buzz lately about LG's HG2 LG HG2 Review (20A, 3000mAh) – 18650 Battery | BATTERY BRO

"Conclusion
In the beginning I claimed the HG2 may be the best high-drain battery available right now. Unfortunately the cell I tested does not quite meet its mark at 3000mAh. It however does clock in at 2960mAh.

Even if we call it a 2900mAh, or a 2800mAh battery - it still surpasses the Samsung 25R (2500mAh) and the LG HE2 (2500mAh).

There are cases which this can be shown wrong, in particular in high-drain tests at 20A which I did not perform. It is however, highly unlikely that the capacity will be effected enough so that it can not exceed 2500mAh.

It is for that reason I am fairly comfortable claiming the HG2 is quite a beast, and I crown it as the current king of high-drain."

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Good choice with RTD. They ship out super quickly too, your AW's will likely be on the way by EOB today!

From what I've learned, mostly from the ECF experts, is that AW rocks because of their extensive testing. Not only do they acquire the best cells, but they do thorough testing to ensure that they deliver the safest, most reliable cells.

True. AW isn't a manufacturer. They are a rebrander. But they 'cherry pick' the best, to carry the AW label. Those that don't meet AW standard are sold off to other rebranders, such as Efest, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread