Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Welcome!!

I would abide by what supertrunker said and just assume it has no resistance. If it's a mech mod, you could hook a multimeter to measure the resistance between the negative where the negative is connected, and the other side to the 510 threads to measure the reisstance. If it's not mechanical, they make a 510 voltage meter.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I'm hoping my man the battery safety master mooch will see this. Any one have an idea how to calculate the the resistance of my brass mod into the ohms law calculation to determine the battery amperage load? All help is appreciated.

Only instance I would see needing to know the resistance and voltage drop of a mod is for cloud competitions, after that, no need to know them. Every day usage, build your coil and do the math, 4.2v fresh charge/resistance=amps. Just stay above 0.25ohms and you will be set, that's almost 17amps, a little over the 50-75% CDR rating of a 20amp battery, 30amp CDR batteries like the HB6, HB4, and HB2 that is about the 50% range which is ideal on a battery. Reason for this is as you stress a battery more and more (ask more amps) the battery is damage each time internally due to heat, this decreases its Mah which Mah coupled with knowing the C rating of a battery determines max CDR, 6 months of heavy stress on a battery due to Mah decrease alone its CDR could be half of what it was brand new, so a 20amp battery potentially could be a 15 or 10amp battery at that 6 month mark.

Stay safe out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread