Battery safety question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zari

Jan 17, 2016
Hey guys. I was putting my batteries in the charger when it flipped and they fell. Now one of the batteries has a dent, don't know if you can see it in the picture (kind of like a short line down the middle of the bottom one). Can I still use it? I kind of just bought it last week.
Optimized-IMG_0182 (1).JPG

Optimized-IMG_0176.JPG

Reactions: mauricem00

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
the dent does not look bad.if it did cause and internal short you charger should detect that. I would not use it in a high power mod but if your using coils over 1 .2 ohms it should be safe. and internal short would show up after the battery was dropped and cause it to self discharge. watch for stains or other signs of leaking around the dent but it does not look that deep

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    In my opinion, none of us can say whether it's a problem or not. We don't know what's going on inside that particular battery. If it's holding a charge, not getting hot just sitting there, and seems to work ok, then it might just be ok.

I think we'll always have to recommend replacing dented batteries though because we just can't be sure. They're dirt cheap for something that gets used every day for months or longer. :)

Zari

Jan 17, 2016
    I'm using 0.2 ohms at the moment and hasn't tried it yet since it's the batteries I use with my rx200 and I keep watch for the charge if they're close or identical. I have back up batteries although I was saving them to give to my brother since he's planning on buying the same mod (not my mod). No leaks has been detected yet.

I just used the mod. There's a slight burnt taste at 30w with the rx200 which is not present with the smy60 mini. My coil is two-week old so it might not be anything at all lol. It's functioning as normal although it's just been a few minutes.
    Optimized-IMG_0191.JPG

Optimized-IMG_0190.JPG

I'll let you know if it explodes or something happens.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread