battery suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

the dog

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
I'm buying the smoke alien and I want your suggestions on a good set of batteries and charger I only have one mod with an external battery and its a pico and have been charging it in the mod but for the alien I want a charger and a good set of battery and charger so I don't have to worry about anything andim also aware about moose chart I just like hearing from people that have the mod and what theyre using . Its gonna be my first big mod I've been roaming with the 75 and 80 watt mods and now I'm ready for something bigger thanks .

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Trolling

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh

NU I think you need to stop drinking so much :lol:.

I'm buying the smoke alien and I want your suggestions on a good set of batteries and charger I only have one mod with an external battery and its a pico and have been charging it in the mod but for the alien I want a charger and a good set of battery and charger so I don't have to worry about anything andim also aware about moose chart I just like hearing from people that have the mod and what theyre using . Its gonna be my first big mod I've been roaming with the 75 and 80 watt mods and now I'm ready for something bigger thanks .

LG HG2, Samsung 30Q, Aspire 1800 mah. I don't recommend Sony simply because of the number of counterfeits and there's better batteries out there. Charge wise Nitecore or Xtar.

Last edited by a moderator:

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Trolling

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
For max voltage, a pair of LG HB4. For long run time under 120ish, Samsung 30Q. For middle of the road, Sony VTC5A.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
The Alien has an unusually low battery cutoff so no more than 105w with 20-amp batteries, 130w with the vtc5a, or 155w with the hb4. These 200+w mods are simply too powerful for two batteries.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I believe the OP was referencing Moochs battery chart.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachments/image-jpeg.600623/

As for battery needs, it really depends on the wattage you intend to vape at. Ive heard about the Smok Alien having a lower cutoff than most so I would recommend monitoring your batteries on your own and recharging them before they reach 3.2V. I do this with my batteries and my cutoff is 3.6, usually about 1/3 left on the battery display on my mod.

If you operate on a 3.2V cutoff then we can recommend cells based on your wattage as such:
For 120W and lower you can use 2 quality 20A cells.
For 120W-140W you need 2 quality 25A cells.
For 140W-170W you need 2 quality 30A cells.

I find it best to figure out the wattage you will be vaping at and then choose a cell that will supply the current you need and has a relatively high mAh. I recommend sticking to the cells listed on Moochs chart and buying only from trusted suppliers to avoid getting fakes.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
For max voltage, a pair of LG HB4. For long run time under 120ish, Samsung 30Q. For middle of the road, Sony VTC5A.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Can vouch for the VTC5A's. Fully charged set can get me through a 16 hour work day still with 25% left at 40W most of the day.

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have an Alien and use 25Rs. Works fine for me as I'm not a high watt vaper. Yes, the 30Qs are rated a bit higher on capacity, but this is what I have (I also have some LGs that also rotate through, don't remember which). I use a Nitecore D4 charger but I've read good things about Xtar as well (preferred by some). Do get a 4 bay charger even though you'll only be charging two at a time for now. Believe me, at some point you will end up regretting that 2 bay you bought thinking you'd never need more.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

albertjoh

Moved On
Jan 20, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Spam
Status