Status
Not open for further replies.

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
de01LuX.jpg

The new titanium with the changeling hybrid atomizer. Full titanium in 18650 mode. Insert drool

Oh and FYI not only is this thing titanium all around the contacts are plated in rhodium. Sexy

Last edited:

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
@ Spring, that looks killer, bud! I know what's next on my shopping list...!

Care to undress that Changeling? Wanna see the deck and inside the top cap.

Deck:

upt4u44.jpg

Under top cap:

p6VjxEG.jpg

Things to note IMO:

The top deck has a lip on it to keep condensation from running amuck. The lip on the deck also stops the topcap from getting pushed to hard onto the glass tank. Dual wick dual coil capable. Easy to use delrin plug. All Phillips head screws (awesome IMO).

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
Springfield, how about the mod portion? How ya liking the button, connections, etc.

Larzis,

The steampunk and titanium have the same set up for the buttons. The only difference is in materials. Steampunk is brass with a copper spring and the TI mod is titanium with rhodium plated brass. Copper spring as well:

6Px1Kmf.jpg

ySUS0GF.jpg

The top caps are built basically identical for both types as well. The main difference being materials obviously with the exception of the added knurling on the telescoping positive post for the titanium. This is a nice added feature but does not take away from the design of the steampunk IMO. Bear in mind that this is the 510 top cap included with the titanium mod. The changeling has the exact same set up for the telescoping pin to make it adjust for variances in battery's. I didn't include the pic of that because it seemed a bit redundant. Ill add one if you would like

lWRJRzT.jpg

A note about the button. For a little background I have owned a good amount of bottom and side button mechs in my time. Gus, PAPS, Chinese stuff, nzonics, a few other phillipeno mods. Not everything but enough for what I feel a fairly knowledgable opinion. This is to me the best button out there. The spring was custom made for mr bear brass and is a very smooth and light throw. I don't have to hold this mod in any awkward way to get my finger in there to push it. All I do is gently push the knuckle on my pinky in There and it fires with very little effort. I honestly have never had a missfire. I carry these mods in my pocket and due to the recess on the button they do not mistakenly fire. Great design.

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
Very nice... Wonder what the voltage drops are like on the Ti. More importantly though is your talk of the button.... That is my selling point. Right now I think the GP 2.5 has been the best button feel, with Nem and Chi up there. Definitely want to get my hands on one of these and try it out.

Any other thoughts/opinions on the Ti vs the SteamPunk version?

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
Larzis,

I have not run any voltage drop tests to be honest. I have noticed that the steampunk is just a pure beast. I used gennys before I got my hands on these mods and I didn't really feel the need to wrap below 1 ohm anymore for what that's worth. I use the nimbus on them and sub ohm duel coil just wreaks havoc on my throat with the warmth. I know that isn't scientific bu to me swapping atty between devices you can notice the difference without a meter. Just my two cents. The titanium is no slacker. Right now my genny set up is 1.3 ohm and I am very satisfied with the vape. That surprises me very much. With zen products I seemed to need .7 or .8.

@ Mal,

The 18350 is very small. Much to small for my hands but a great little device. Honestly you might want to try and get your hands on an 18490 version. You'd be surprised at how small it is and the extra battery life is always a plus. I have a 490 tube for my steampunk. Maybe when I get around to it I will try to do some comparisons

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
Larzis,

I have not run any voltage drop tests to be honest. I have noticed that the steampunk is just a pure beast. I used gennys before I got my hands on these mods and I didn't really feel the need to wrap below 1 ohm anymore for what that's worth. I use the nimbus on them and sub ohm duel coil just wreaks havoc on my throat with the warmth. I know that isn't scientific bu to me swapping atty between devices you can notice the difference without a meter. Just my two cents. The titanium is no slacker. Right now my genny set up is 1.3 ohm and I am very satisfied with the vape. That surprises me very much. With zen products I seemed to need .7 or .8.

I like to run between 1 and 1.5, so good to know. Then it will be all about the button and finding an 18490/500 size.

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
Solotipper,

It's a drip tip made my Mr. Bearbrass himself. I think he is working on making some for the public sale soon. Don't know any dates though

Jimp,

Thanks for the kind words bud. Not much of a reviewer but I figured I had to talk about these mods since I love em so much. Hopefully we will all have more pics of these soon ;-)

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
Can anyone here tell me about the switch issue on the BBM Ti? I've heard that it gets hot quickly

Thomas,

There has been an issue that showed up with these. I have noticed as well when vaping under 1 ohm. There is an issue with heat building up in the button at those lower resistances. Bear is working on the fix and is saying he has several option on their way to him to get this resolved. He has a great track record and I imagine the fix will be out shortly.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I just ordered one today. Can find it on facebook. Look up Steamers Lounge and message him, he may still have some available. It'll be about a 3 week wait till shipping since they are fixing the issue of the switch so it'll be perfect. From what I read, all connections are silver coated.

Just sent them a message... How much did they charge you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread