ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Lol... That's a lonely place.
I don't have any bf devices to test with but I could try it. Do you know the OD of the squank tube?

you know, it will feed just about any atty with a hole in the pos. connector pin... that fits a 510 connector.

i've always had a Reo... tell me where to measure...

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
Does anyone no when and where the list will be open to order? All replies are welcome and appreciated, thanks in advance.

There may not ever be a list again. The Bear probably won't ner releasing anything before he gets the fix for the titanium done. I know litecig and esix are good places to keep tabs on for runs of current or new stuff

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
Well Springfield... You make one hell of a sales pitch! I just pulled to trigger on a three way trade... My Super-T ELA is going from Florida to California, a SS Chi is going from California to Ireland and a BBM Ti is going from Ireland to me here in Florida.

I think I made a good trade. :)

That sounds like a great trade! My buddy has a TI 490 and they are so light it's funny. People always ask when they pick em up if there is a battery in them or not. Good stuff

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
That sounds like a great trade! My buddy has a TI 490 and they are so light it's funny. People always ask when they pick em up if there is a battery in them or not. Good stuff

Sounds like what i've been pining for Art of Exhale (titanium rba's) to do; make a mech device... attys are light as a feather.

Mac's Ti mech thread which is entirely projection, is the only other Ti mech supposedly in the works, so with BBM Ti's rep... looks like you scored Jasl90.

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
Sounds like what i've been pining for Art of Exhale (titanium rba's) to do; make a mech device... attys are light as a feather.

Mac's Ti mech thread which is entirely projection, is the only other Ti mech supposedly in the works, so with BBM Ti's rep... looks like you scored Jasl90.

I love art of the exhales stuff. I have a Big Ben and just Friday got rid of my hydra only because the changeling's flavor is better IMO. I loved it just never used it once I got my hands on the bear brass one

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
wow the Changeling is BBM? cool.
i just love my Hydra; with a good hot wrap PC2000 at .75 OHms its given me a renewed perspective on Genesis vaping.
I love art of the exhales stuff. I have a Big Ben and just Friday got rid of my hydra only because the changeling's flavor is better IMO. I loved it just never used it once I got my hands on the bear brass one

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I agree. With the changeling I've been using SS rope lately with .8 ribbon. Been so nice. Used to do 200 mesh with .8 on the hydra. Great set up there too
well i've learned what you have; that when you find a builder that you respect, you venture to buy his new creations... i've not been disapointed by AoE so i buy with confidence... I'll keep an eye out for BBM atomizer.
(once i sell off a couple things; lol)

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
well i've learned what you have; that when you find a builder that you respect, you venture to buy his new creations... i've not been disapointed by AoE so i buy with confidence... I'll keep an eye out for BBM atomizer.
(once i sell off a couple things; lol)

Ukeman,

I just checked and litecigusa has the changeling in stock. It's expensive compared to art of exhales stuff but worth every dime if you already have a BBM ;-)

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
sticky... i asked if there was a fix/clean... and P said the tolerances are so tight that some of batch's specs slipped through and he was sending out replacements; its been a few weeks at least, and i guess i may not be expected to return the old one... we'll see but i'm still waiting to use it.....
What's wrong with the new switch?

imo the Lux locking ring is a little too finessed; such short through, tiny locking ring... often unscrews the bottom cap off when locking in reverse.
I traded the 350 tube for a 500 (amirite)...
which btw, the Ti BBM 500 tube is sold out.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
sticky... i asked if there was a fix/clean... and P said the tolerances are so tight that some of batch's specs slipped through and he was sending out replacements; its been a few weeks at least, and i guess i may not be expected to return the old one... we'll see but i'm still waiting to use it.....

imo the Lux locking ring is a little too finessed; such short through, tiny locking ring... often unscrews the bottom cap off when locking in reverse.
I traded the 350 tube for a 500 (amirite)...
which btw, the Ti BBM 500 tube is sold out.

That sux. If its been a few weeks, you may want to contact Perseas again to make sure the replacement hasn't fallen through the cracks. He's usually pretty quick to resolve stuff like that.

If its a problem that he's aware of, I doubt that you'll have to return the defective one.

As for the lock ring and the switch unscrewing... My fix was to put a little dielectric grease in the tube threads and a drop of machine oil on the lock ring threads. The dielectric grease inhibits the oxidization of the bronze threads (helps to maintain maximum conductivity) and also adds a bit of extra grip for the cap & switch. The machine oil makes the lock ring buttery smooth and eliminates any sticking or jamming. It also means it has to be cleaned a little more often but that's small price to pay for an ultra smoother lock ring... IMO...

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
yep ... ive been kind of ignoring BBM 1. because i geared up with a TON of mech devices lately. 2. the button heating up fix is still in the works.
but now that i think of it, where else is there a Ti mech device (with Rhodium plated contacts nonetheless) and now Changeling = hybird BBM !!!
there's a set in the classies for trade, from a guy that just bought a King from me... he really gets around
Just saw a pic of a LUX/Changling combo on the last page on this thread...
High-End Mechanicals Chat, Tips, and Pics
Looks pretty slick!

but yeah... keeping my eye on this setup for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread