Been 3 days since I've started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudKidd

Oct 12, 2017
So I've started vaping (due to smoking for 9 years) starting on 6mg of nic. I just can't see myself quitting cold turkey and I love the fact you can get smoke hit without the nasty (stuff).

few questions, do you fellow vapers, vape on your daily commutes, my girlfriend has told me not to bring my vape out as its embarrassing for her to have me vaping fat clouds when out shopping etc. do you guys vape out and about or in the comfort of your own home, what's your opinions on it, I don't see it no different to walking around with a ciggy in your mouth!

2. is it normal to refilling your vape a few times a day, I seem to feel it's running out rather quick (smok alien 220 50wats (Norm strength) air flow all the way open, I don't vape that much, just when I feel I need a cig.

3. I know a lot of factors come in to place when changing coils, but averagely how many puffs would you get out of a coil?.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breen

Sep 21, 2017
If you close the air flow more, you get less vapor and makes it easier to stealth vape.

In general, I don't vape anywhere or any time I wouldn't have smoked. (Inside most businesses, in enclosed areas with people with breathing problems or kids, too close to oxygen, outside but crowded areas.)

If I'm in a place where I would have smoked, but feel like vaping may draw too much attention, I'll either close air flows or, if I still need a deep inhale, let my breath out extremely slowly. Either will keep the clouds down to an a much more eye grabbing level.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I limit where I vape to where I've smoked, but maybe to make your girlfriend more comfortable, you could pick up an inexpensive MTL setup that won't be so cloudy. Also, if your g/f is a non-smoker, I guess I could understand this, but not if she's a smoker. Also, had I a boyfriend so invested in what *I was doing* and felt it *reflected on him* I'm not sure I and that b/f would last very long, in fact my first fiancé was of that persuasion, and our "engagement" did not last very long, since I prefer not being bossed around. I'll freely admit I'm probably high maintenance and impulsive, but you have to have a Thick Embarrassment Skin around me, probably LESS so when vaping, than when I was smoking, when I was totally irritable non-stop due to wanting to smoke a cigarette every 20 minutes, which really isn't practical.

Fortunately, when I showed the husband my new vape that I built my Very Own Self, he had nothing but congratulations to offer, and invited me to show it off. LOL. A look of relief crossed his face, I think.

But seriously, GF, lighten up a bit, maybe????

Anna

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So I've started vaping (due to smoking for 9 years) starting on 6mg of nic. I just can't see myself quitting cold turkey and I love the fact you can get smoke hit without the nasty sh*t.

few questions, do you fellow vapers, vape on your daily commutes, my girlfriend has told me not to bring my vape out as its embarrassing for her to have me vaping fat clouds when out shopping etc. do you guys vape out and about or in the comfort of your own home, what's your opinions on it, I don't see it no different to walking around with a ciggy in your mouth!

2. is it normal to refilling your vape a few times a day, I seem to feel it's running out rather quick (smok alien 220 50wats (Norm strength) air flow all the way open, I don't vape that much, just when I feel I need a cig.

3. I know a lot of factors come in to place when changing coils, but averagely how many puffs would you get out of a coil?.

Congrats on changing to safe your life.

1. Tell your girl that your vape goes everywhere your wallet goes. If she wants to leave one at home they both stay home. Sometimes you just have to do things for you. This is saving your life, she either cares or she doesn't.

2. How much juice your tank holds, the wattage you use, and how much you vape will determine refill frequency. The truth is it DOESN'T matter. Use as much as you need to stay off cigarettes. Period. You could refill 20 times a day and still be better off than smoking.

3. Again many factors determine coil life, how many ml you put through it, the color and sweetness of the juice (darker and sweeter juices reduce coil life), etc. Again just change them as needed, and/or learn to build your coils at some point.

Remember you are doing this to save your life. Don't let anything or anyone convince you that you should feel bad or be embarrassed by it.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA

I vape everywhere, just got done visiting family at a restaurant; no prob. Though, I use high nic/low watts, and have had 5 years of practice.

With low watts/high nic, I consume about 3-4 ml a day.

Also, a good drop in coil should last a week or more. If you build; months, maybe?

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2017
    Charlottesville, Virginia
    Wherever I go my MOD is with me. Outside is mostly fair game, although I won't blow clouds in folks faces or vicinity. I will vape from the truck to wherever I'm walking to.

I go through juice quickly, but I tend to chain vape. Today about 16ml. I managed to crush my thumb in a come-along while cutting trees today so I was watching more that helping.

I think most know my opinions on SMOK coils...so about 1-2 hits and they die.
    I drink (really phone?...sqonk), so about a week or two on my coils, wicks go faster.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I agree you should vape anywhere you use to smoke and always have a set up with you. What's the point of leaving your vape stuff home, that's crazy....Personally I vape mtl , but can occasionally blow decent clouds and DL, but I try to not do so when there are alot of people around. Maybe its because I'm 53 years old , but I would feel a little silly blowing massive clouds in public. I do however vape in public, but try to keep it on the down low. Now if I was 20, I probably wouldn't care

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Walee

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2017
    I limit where I vape to where I've smoked, but maybe to make your girlfriend more comfortable, you could pick up an inexpensive MTL setup that won't be so cloudy. Also, if your g/f is a non-smoker, I guess I could understand this, but not if she's a smoker. Also, had I a boyfriend so invested in what *I was doing* and felt it *reflected on him* I'm not sure I and that b/f would last very long, in fact my first fiancé was of that persuasion, and our "engagement" did not last very long, since I prefer not being bossed around. I'll freely admit I'm probably high maintenance and impulsive, but you have to have a Thick Embarrassment Skin around me, probably LESS so when vaping, than when I was smoking, when I was totally irritable non-stop due to wanting to smoke a cigarette every 20 minutes, which really isn't practical.

Fortunately, when I showed the husband my new vape that I built my Very Own Self, he had nothing but congratulations to offer, and invited me to show it off. LOL. A look of relief crossed his face, I think.

But seriously, GF, lighten up a bit, maybe????

Anna

Yup, I'm afraid it would be bye bye girlfriend. Having said that, I do try to be courteous blowing clouds.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2017
    Charlottesville, Virginia
    Hey I'm 47..ish.
    At work I'm outside with a co-worker vaping. The non-smokers-vapers sit near us and my clouds blow towards them.

I've asked them and they have no issues. Occasionally ask what we're vaping.

Out and about it's as you say, if I wouldn't light up I won't vape.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    IMO, your GF probably would be more accepting of your vaping...if you didn't blow (as you call them)..."fat clouds" when you're out in public with her. If your thinking is like that of many younger vapers, which is "the bigger the cloud, the better"...she's probably seeing it as a "Hey, look at me" sort of thing, and it embarrasses her. You gotta remember that what brings attention to you...also brings it to her! On the other hand...if your clouds were about the same size as what you exhaled from your cigarettes, I doubt she'd have a problem with it. I'd suggest just trying to be a little less conspicuous (blow smaller clouds) and see how she does with that. You'll still get your nic fix, and she won't feel that unwelcome attention is on her.

Last edited:

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2016
    Congratulations on not smoking !!! ... and doing what's necessary to keep you from smoking again. Just be as courteous vaping as you were or should have been when you were a smoker. Remember too that in public, some people are allergic to perfumes, flavors and scents, so there's that too maybe as well as other unknown health issues they may have. Be nice LOL. It reflects on all of us as a demographic community.

Given your vape style, the usage amount isn't shocking ... nor is what you produce, "puffs" as you call it. How long coils should last is totally dependent on your vape style. You won't get as many "puffs" as I do from my 1.8ohm Nautilus coil running on 8.7W. Aspire says the Nautilus coil is good for approx 500 puffs for example. I get more than that, but I also vape non-flavored. Most may get less than that. There are many individual characteristics that go into coil life. At the rate you vape, I read those who say a coil only lasts a few tanks or a few days, but seldom do I see someone vaping at that rate say a coil runs the way they enjoy, for more than a week.

Last edited:

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2015
    new york
    I would simply dump the girlfriend. Not worth it if they are making demands on how you should vape. And not bringing a vape with you outside? That sounds insane.

Going back to cigs can mean your death, so if the girlfriend is not bright enough to recognize that your vaping is a good thing, and if they are embarrassed by it, then there are plenty of others to choose from, IMO.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I would simply dump the girlfriend. Not worth it if they are making demands on how you should vape. And not bringing a vape with you outside? That sounds insane.

Going back to cigs can mean your death, so if the girlfriend is not bright enough to recognize that your vaping is a good thing, and if they are embarrassed by it, then there are plenty of others to choose from, IMO.

That's a little harsh to take out on a relationship.;)

There are mtl setups maybe not as much fun but can can get by with a higher nic level in the juice. Stealth vaping is a nice skill to have, girlfriend or not.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Well, maybe educate the GF first and see how she responds before dumping her. I'm not saying you SHOULD dump her, either, I was just saying what my response would have been. I'm not here to tell anyone to do anything, but I'm happy to be in a household where the husband puts up with my vaping, and I put up with his smoking. Gosh, making demands around addictive substances seems.... Well, my mom got my dad to quit smoking, but they did wind up divorced LOL. I think those kinds of demands had something to do with it, my mom's not low maintenance. :) She's a nice lady, but I don't think anyone's ever called her low maintenance, to the best of my memory.

Explain to the GF that you'll try being less cloudy, but with that said, I wouldn't promise to be less cloudy EVERYWHERE, maybe only inside, which is probably smart, anyway.

Anna

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    I think most know my opinions on SMOK coils...so about 1-2 hits and they die.

Perhaps a more accurate statement would be "you killed them!"

I've run Smok tanks/coils for a couple years now, have about 8 different tanks, and I have never experienced what you proclaim.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread