Been vaping same flavor for 9 yrs. Got e-juice envy for those enjoying the bevy of flavors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
unflavored? whats the point. do they even sell unflavored vape juice?

I used to Vape very Heavily Flavored/Sweetened e-Liquids. If fact, that is what made me get into DIY. Not being able to find e-Liquids that were Strong and Sweet enough.

But I Burned Out on these e-Liquids. Because they became like putting Salt on Food. I needed More and More (and More) Flavoring to get that Flavor I was Chasing.

I tired Unflavored with a touch of Sucralose as a way to Break the Escalation of Flavorings I was putting in my DIY e-Liquids. Thinking if I did some Unflavored for a Week or so, that a Less Flavored e-liquid would Taste Normal.

I actually Liked Unflavored. It was like drinking a Big Glass of Water when thirsty verses drinking a Soda. More Refreshing. And my Flavor Burn Out went away.

I also found that with a New Coil, if I primed the Cotton with Flavored e-Liquid and then filled the Tank with Unflavored, that I got an Unbelievable amount of Flavor. And the Flavor lasted for Many Tanks.

Today, buying Unflavored is Very Easy. Because many DIY suppliers sell Nicotine Base in Vapable mg/ml levels. So all a person needs to do is Add their own Flavorings.

Many who use Unflavored just Skip the adding of the Flavorings step. And vape Low mg/ml Nicotine Base. Or, of course, dilute High mg/ml Nicotine Base down to vapable levels.

---

BTW - It's Nice to see someone with a 2008 Join Date. Don't see that many 2008's anymore.

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
I used to Vape very Heavily Flavored/Sweetened e-Liquids. If fact, that is what made me get into DIY. Not being able to find e-Liquids that were Strong and Sweet enough.

But I Burned Out on these e-Liquids. Because they became like putting Salt on Food. I needed More and More (and More) Flavoring to get that Flavor I was Chasing.

I tired Unflavored with a touch of Sucralose as a way to Break the Escalation of Flavorings I was putting in my DIY e-Liquids. Thinking if I did some Unflavored for a Week or so, that a Less Flavored e-Liquid would Taste Normal.

I actually Liked Unflavored. It was like drinking a Big Glass of Water when thirsty verses drinking a Soda. More Refreshing. And my Flavor Burn Out went away.

I also found that with a New Coil, if I primed the Cotton with Flavored e-Liquid and then filled the Tank with Unflavored, that I got an Unbelievable amount of Flavor. And the Flavor lasted for Many Tanks.

Today, buying Unflavored is Very Easy. Because many DIY suppliers sell Nicotine Base in Vapable mg/ml levels. So all a person needs to do is Add their own Flavorings.

Many who use Unflavored just Skip the adding of the Flavorings step. And vape Low mg/ml Nicotine Base. Or, of course, dilute High mg/ml Nicotine Base down to vapable levels.

---

BTW - It's Nice to see someone with a 2008 Join Date. Don't see that many 2008's anymore.

yeah I have been vaping since 2007. I did delve into the DIY for a short period of time a few years back, made my own fireball juice, I bought my stuff from Tasty Vapor. I haven't used that vendor in years, don't hear much about them any more. I am excited to get my firestorm from DFW Vapors...actually its in the mail as we speak, unfortunately I am out of town so have to wait to get home tonite to try it!!!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
stupid question, but what does "unflavored" ejuice taste like haha? nothing? and if so, what is the "experience" like, to vape something "unflavored"? I'm just perplexed over the whole concept....

The unflavored I use, the nic does not have that peppery taste. Might be because I am down to only 6mg. The unflavored has a slight sweet taste to it. I actually am liking having no flavor. There is nothing to burn out on any flavor.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The unflavored I use, the nic does not have that peppery taste. Might be because I am down to only 6mg. The unflavored has a slight sweet taste to it. I actually am liking having no flavor. There is nothing to burn out on any flavor.

Same with mine.

I find that at Low mg/ml & High VG levels that Unflavored has more Flavor from the VG than it does from the Nicotine.

Reactions: gotch23

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Same with mine.

I find that at Low mg/ml & High VG levels that Unflavored has more Flavor from the VG than it does from the Nicotine.
Mine is higher PG. Still have enough sweetness to keep me interested LOL

70PG/30VG @ 6mg nic. Perfection!!!! For me anyway :p

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Mine is higher PG. Still have enough sweetness to keep me interested LOL

70PG/30VG @ 6mg nic. Perfection!!!! For me anyway :p

Bet also that at 70% PG that you get a good Throat Hit too.

I put a Few Drops of Sucralose in my Unflavored. But I like things Very Sweet.

Reactions: Robino1

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Tried unflavored, wasn't for me...but as I have been doing DIY for years I've found that the percentage of flavorings has dropped. Was at 10% or more when I first did DIY, now 1% or 2% is more than enough to satisfy me. There's a hint of flavor, enough to hide the "taste" of unflavored...;)

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Five years of only DIY Menthol, I never get bored of it , sometimes Ill add peppermint , sometimes I would try a commercial juice, even tried Zample Box without any luck of something I could vape a whole tank of more than once, not happening, I don't fight it much these days, Menthol it is:vapor:

edit to add: I do have juice envy

Last edited:

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Another one here. 5 years of menthol eucalyptus, added another couple of flavours (Capella cool mint and a DIY subzero) a year later so I have been vaping those for the entire time.

I have sadly wasted copious amounts of time and money on various mint concentrates trying to replicate a sugarless mint sweet that I chewed as a smoker and finally created a recipe that I like enough to add to the other three. That's enough, they all work together and I rotate them during the day.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
9 years and same flavour? Wow, i envy you!

I can't diy a second 30ml bottle of the same juice in a row without my taste buds going dull on me!

Its not vapers tongue as i can hit another juice and they're fine.

If that happens regularly I would look at what you are eating or drinking. Flavours that are opposite on the flavour wheel will cancel each other out. One of your other flavours or even your food/drink may be the problem.

That's why I mentioned mine all work together. In particular my menthol eucalyptus is only effected when I eat food heavy on the garlic or onions.

Reactions: samuels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread