Before buying a mechmod questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay89

Aug 21, 2016
Cornwall
Hi all, so, I've been loving the look of mech mods and have really wanted one, the thing that has stopped me from getting one is the fact that they don't have the safety features of your normal mod and my knowledge of the ohms law is practically non existent, so I guess my questions are:

What is the ohms law? Does anyone have a link so I can learn it?

Is there anything else I should know before buying one?

I understand that they are very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing and I don't plan on buying one till I understand everything fully, so I thought here would be the perfect place to start and get information from the people that know what they are doing

Thanks in advance :)

(Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay89

Aug 21, 2016
Cornwall
So you are rebuilding, right?

I have done, but I've actually been buying premade claptons as in the pic because I always get issues with uneven firing, I've got all the tools for doing it though so I am ready to go

bfa2458bd1e55193e72d2283a5151977.jpg

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Hi all, so, I've been loving the look of mech mods and have really wanted one, the thing that has stopped me from getting one is the fact that they don't have the safety features of your normal mod and my knowledge of the ohms law is practically non existent, so I guess my questions are:

What is the ohms law? Does anyone have a link so I can learn it?

Is there anything else I should know before buying one?

I understand that they are very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing and I don't plan on buying one till I understand everything fully, so I thought here would be the perfect place to start and get information from the people that know what they are doing

Thanks in advance :)

(Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place)

I would like to congratulate you are asking the questions before you jump in and make a mistake.

Some experts will be along shortly.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
How
I have done, but I've actually been buying premade claptons as in the pic because I always get issues with uneven firing, I've got all the tools for doing it though so I am ready to go

bfa2458bd1e55193e72d2283a5151977.jpg

May be get more experience rebuilding. Watch some battery venting videos. Read up on batteries in the forum. There is a video where the resident battery guru mooch is interviewed about battery safety
Tha might be worth watching.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
While on the subject... Can a mech mod be reliable with dual 18650's in a series... ive never really looked into them because i just dont have any desire to do so... just was curious all of a sudden reading this thread.. Even if they are i will likely never own one, just curiosity if anyone has had issues with battery leveling across cells in series in a mech mod

Reactions: Cheallaigh

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Read my blog on mech mods at @Baditude
This. Dude is a great resource. I learned a ton from his blog.

Mechs are stupid simple but a few hours of learning really is is required as you can seriously hurt yourself.

I have about 30 mechs and have only been vaping for just over a year. Great vape and lots of fun once you know what you are doing.

BTW, I am using a G-Priv and an Alien a lot lately. Great mods.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
What you don't want to do is create a situation where the battery goes into thermal runaway. That's what's getting people hurt. There are user mistakes that can cause that. You might want a comprehensive understanding of all the possibilities and confidence that once you understand them you are disciplined enough not to make careless mistakes.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
While on the subject... Can a mech mod be reliable with dual 18650's in a series... ive never really looked into them because i just dont have any desire to do so... just was curious all of a sudden reading this thread.. Even if they are i will likely never own one, just curiosity if anyone has had issues with battery leveling across cells in series in a mech mod
Think Noisy cricket..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread