Status
Not open for further replies.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
I would advise that you ask plenty of questions in the mech forum
Mech Mods

Do lots of reading up first, make sure that you understand the risks, and learn the ways to reduce the risks as much as possible before jumping in.

You will need a good understanding of ohms law, and a good understanding of the limits of any batteries that you plan to use.

Before you buy and use any mod and or tank/rda combination ask questions, some combinations require more care in use to remain safe, some are outright dangerous.

If you take your time, do your research mech's can be very rewarding vape. If you don't you can hurt yourself.

If you want massive clouds then it is probably quicker, easier and safer to use a high power regulated mod.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
While on the subject... Can a mech mod be reliable with dual 18650's in a series... ive never really looked into them because i just dont have any desire to do so... just was curious all of a sudden reading this thread.. Even if they are i will likely never own one, just curiosity if anyone has had issues with battery leveling across cells in series in a mech mod

Yes they can be used safely.
I use "married" cells that are always charged together and used as a pair.
(Mooch is currently testing to see if this is actually needed).
I regularly check the cells when they are charging to be sure they discharge evenly.
The same line of thought applies to both series and parallel mechs.

20170107_114714-1.jpg

Jay89

Aug 21, 2016
Cornwall
Sorry for such a late reply, I have been mega busy with work.

Thanks guys, I will have a read through the blog

Also spent a good hour or 2 in my local vape store the other day learning about mechs, I understand them a bit more now, but not enough to feel comfortable in buying one

I've also been having a play with coil building, I can now do your basic coils easy enough and have been learning my way round steam engine, I've also found a very nice and useful app for android and iPhone called 'vape tool' very useful indeed

I also thought I would have a go and doing the more complicated coils, so out came the drill for an attempt at chain coils, this is my first attempt

7b5c99182253bc2c471f64e5972adb6d.jpg

4093614095539b20880d14f5bebf8228.jpg

I'm quite happy with that for a first attempt, obviously need a lot more practice at it, they were done with 26 gauge wire so they're pretty useless and too big to fit in a standard post so I've just binned them, I'm just practising lol

Eager to try making the Clapton coil next, anyway, that's where I'm currently at, going to keep practising and learning :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Folks have their own reasons for even wanting a mechanical. Mine are pretty simple. A mechanical will still work even after Hell freezes over.

A lil' story I like to tell:

One cold morning sitting in a duck blind my Mako came up missing. Searched everywhere but couldn't find it. So I figured it was lost forever, and I was out $75 bucks.
    The following weekend I used the same duck blind, and while I was setting out the deeks my dog found the Mako! (good dog) ;) Took the 510 atomizer off my eGo and pulled the 14500 battery out of my small flashlight and vaped away. That was in November of 2010.
    I've be vaping that same Mako all morning again today!
    P1000863_zpsc9hvseko.jpg

There is NO regulated mod that can do that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread