Before I write a bad review - pepper tasting ejuice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeker128

Jun 16, 2017
Vallejo CA
I've been vaping 3mg juices for a while and I recently ordered some 6mg (3mg was out of stock). It tastes like pepper. I haven't opened one of the bottles and want to try to exchange it. Or will I get used to it? Should I complain that their nicotine is bad or wait and see? I remember reading somewhere to put it in the fridge, so I have, but I'm really disappointed. This wasn't the cheapest stuff in the world. $0.50/ml. What do you think?

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I've been vaping 3mg juices for a while and I recently ordered some 6mg (3mg was out of stock). It tastes like pepper. I haven't opened one of the bottles and want to try to exchange it. Or will I get used to it? Should I complain that their nicotine is bad or wait and see? I remember reading somewhere to put it in the fridge, so I have, but I'm really disappointed. This wasn't the cheapest stuff in the world. $0.50/ml. What do you think?

It might not be the nic- it might be the flavorings. It turns out that certain flavors that most people find delicious (TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is one) have a very sharp and unpleasant "black pepper" taste for some people. You might be one of them.

Reactions: Tonee N

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

Double the nicotine strength may just be too much for you.

What equipment are you using and how do you have it configured?
Perhaps lower your watts a bit or use a higher resistance coil head (.7Ω-1.2Ω).
What is the brand and flavour of the juice you are concerned about?

cheers
I

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I think retired1 is correct: I doubt you can return it. That said, some types of nicotine have a pepper-ish flavor. Perhaps they got a bad batch, as Tonee suggests. Or maybe you are so sensitive to it, doubling the nic has got you. One thing you can try is get some 0nic in the same flavor and mixing it. This would make 3mg nic if you mix the same volume. Upside is it might fix the problem; downside is it might waste some 0nic juice.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Could be your equipment too ? Maybe you're vaping too high for the flavors you have in that juice..... I'm no pro,in fact i'm still kinda new to vaping myself,but i've never had a pepper taste with higher nic. In fact i use 6mg all the time atm so like others say could be a bad batch of nic,your equipment could be badly setup for that liquid too some flavors come out at different wattage, some people won't taste some flavors too so you never know.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
E-Liquid sales are generally final with no returns allowed. It's doubtful you'll be able to return the unopened bottle.
I asked for a replacement bottle once. I did in fact get it, after I employed some hard-hitting comments on the internet.
My personal opinion is that it's not the strength. I have some liquids in 3, 6 and 12mg and the taste is barely different. A tiny bit, being totally critical, maybe...but not noticeably peppery.
Really 'off' Nicotine liquid (the liquid before the flavor would be added, as it were) has a distinctive sickly taste.. really vile, also, not peppery.

Reactions: AXIOM_1

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I'd start by some mature communication with the manufacturer....meaning explain your issues without threatening to put them on blast in a review. Either they can explain what's going on or they can't....If they can't explain it, they'd likely replace your juice. If they can't explain the problem and they make no efforts to satisfy you as a customer, chalk it up to experience and don't send them anymore money.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I suspect that this is the shock of suddenly higher nicotine on your oral and nasal membranes. That happens to me when I put liquid intended for my MTL setups into my sub-ohm cloud machines. My mouth is on fire and I'll cough heavily.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I suspect that this is the shock of suddenly higher nicotine on your oral and nasal membranes. That happens to me when I put liquid intended for my MTL setups into my sub-ohm cloud machines. My mouth is on fire and I'll cough heavily.
lol did that recently thought i could vape 60vg at like 45 watts XD VERY bad idea thought i was gonna die ahah :p (not literally but you get the point :p)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I'd start by some mature communication with the manufacturer....meaning explain your issues without threatening to put them on blast in a review. Either they can explain what's going on or they can't....If they can't explain it, they'd likely replace your juice. If they can't explain the problem and they make no efforts to satisfy you as a customer, chalk it up to experience and don't send them anymore money.
The market talks, and that's a natural fact.

Meeker128

Jun 16, 2017
Vallejo CA
I bought Strawberry Miruku and Taro Miruku from Giant Vapes. Both are 6mg. They wrote back and said I couldn't exchange the sealed Taro. I just opened it and it tastes fine. There is something wrong with the Strawberry. Are you guys sure that bad nicotine wouldn't taste like black pepper? I'm going to write back and complain again, but I can't believe I'm the only one complaining. I almost feel like I'm imagining it.

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
The temp could be too high as others have said. My bottle of juice was very good around 80w but has somehow lost any flavor and taken on kind of a muted empty taste at 180w in a different tank. Theres soo many variables. Yet I have a juice that tastes great at 30w to 160w. Ejuice is weird lol.

Reactions: Tonee N
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread