Behold My New 6600mAh VV-PCCP PV/Charger (Yes 6600mAh Battery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBeaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Lab City USA
www.mothersmilkwta.com
I'm a Computer Network Engineer built my first computer in 89. No usb back then but don't knock the power of the usb. I have use my usb ports with everything from atomizers to lava lamps. Usb ports have clean safe power perfect for charging your battery. I have taken apart plenty of computers and I have noticed many are even fuse protected. I suppose it may depend of the manufacturer. What is it about using a usb port that concerns you?

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I'm a Computer Network Engineer built my first computer in 89. No usb back then but don't knock the power of the usb. I have use my usb ports with everything from atomizers to lava lamps. Usb ports have clean safe power perfect for charging your battery. I have taken apart plenty of computers and I have noticed many are even fuse protected. I suppose it may depend of the manufacturer. What is it about using a usb port that concerns you?

Just a safety thing with me and Li-ion batteries. I charge all my batteries in another room, on a non-flammable surface, and have a fire extinguisher between me and them. Also if for some reason, not likely but possible, something went wrong, I don't want my laptop screwed up. Like I said, not likely to happen, but erring on the side of caution never hurts IMHO.

Vape On
:vapor:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
After over 6 hours still not half charged, this is going to take all day.
Also looking at making sure I have power for my gear, I ordered this also:

2.5W Solar USB Battery Travel Charger - 5VDC/500mA output / without battery inside

QIDIAN 4A 6*18650 DIY Power Bank Battery Compartment - dual USB output

2pcs 18650 4000mAh 3 7V Li ion BRC Rechargeable Battery (ordered 3 sets)

With the 6 batteries that will give me 24,000mAh of charge capacity for what ever I need to charge, and a solar charger to keep it charged when there is no power. All total $51.57 for everything.

Vape On

DrBeaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Lab City USA
www.mothersmilkwta.com
After over 6 hours still not half charged, this is going to take all day.
Also looking at making sure I have power for my gear, I ordered this also:

2.5W Solar USB Battery Travel Charger - 5VDC/500mA output / without battery inside

QIDIAN 4A 6*18650 DIY Power Bank Battery Compartment - dual USB output

I love it!
You forgot to get the hand crank battery charger to keep your other arm in shape while vaping with your setup and when the sun isn't shining.

2pcs 18650 4000mAh 3 7V Li ion BRC Rechargeable Battery (ordered 3 sets)

With the 6 batteries that will give me 24,000mAh of charge capacity for what ever I need to charge, and a solar charger to keep it charged when there is no power. All total $51.57 for everything.

Vape On
Oops not sure how this is going to look typing on my galaxy.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I love it!
You forgot to get the hand crank battery charger to keep your other arm in shape while vaping with your setup and when the sun isn't shining.

Oops not sure how this is going to look typing on my galaxy.

Seen it. But not going there with the hand crank. :facepalm:

Well it took around 10 hours to full charge, not to bad with a 6600mAh battery. With my new power box I will have 3 chargers charging 2 batteries each, so I am hoping a lot quicker charge time. With the solar charger no idea. I am going to discharge the VV-PCCP and see how long it takes to charge it with the solar panel, I figure more than a day with it going into winter with less sun.

Vape On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread