Not open for further replies.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I do not really understand. Cloud chaser I understand. You want bigger plumbs or clouds. For a flavor chaser I just add more flavor to the mixing process if I want more. One that buys juice from a vendor then buys multiple coils and toppers to try to get more flavor out of it? So if you buy a 30ml bottle and you do not get enough flavor out of 5 or 6 refills you buy another bottle from the same vendor and keep trying? Help me understand so I don't chuckle when someone says they are a flavor chaser. CHEERS!

Mikey6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2013
Bakersfield, CA, USA
For flavor chasing it's about getting the right build for the juice. Some builds are great for bakery and others are better for fruit or candy flavors. I have no problem going through 5 builds and a bottle of juice if I can get what I'm looking for out of a vape. Cloud chasers go for clouds, flavor chasers go for the ability to taste every nuance of the flavor.

Thumb smashed on my Galaxy Note 4.

hiya0412

Mar 23, 2015
Charlottesville, va
The immense satisfaction I get when that in-your-face, dense, hot, big mess of flavor hits my tongue is probably the reason why I chase flavor. Come on, don't you have something that makes you grin stupidly? Yeh, it could look trite when I build five different types of coils on my RDA's to taste the same damn juice to see anything is better, but when I succeed and hit that one orgasmic draw... Let's just say that I don't need a crack.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I do not really understand. Cloud chaser I understand. You want bigger plumbs or clouds. For a flavor chaser I just add more flavor to the mixing process if I want more. One that buys juice from a vendor then buys multiple coils and toppers to try to get more flavor out of it? So if you buy a 30ml bottle and you do not get enough flavor out of 5 or 6 refills you buy another bottle from the same vendor and keep trying? Help me understand so I don't chuckle when someone says they are a flavor chaser. CHEERS!
e5adc72b5e28ca226bce0022944b0480.jpg

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

Lol.
Flava chasers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I think the term "flavor chaser" is different for many. I enjoy chasing flavors. For me that means I'm always looking for tastier juices on the best setup, but if a juice doesn't hit it for me I"m not going to waste time and energy on the same juice. I make my own juice so I make different recipes and tweak them to taste the way I want.. that is flavor chasing for me. Sure, I have the newer tanks... the Crown and the Aromamizer are great for flavor. I use those and other tanks/builds and make my own juice. I have found some perfect flavors (recipes) along the way.

If I can't taste a flavor or it tastes yucky after turning the wattage up and down a bit I know right away that flavor isn't for me.

For me, I could never understand the "cloud chasers". LOL! Blowing big plumes of vapor and clouding up a room doesn't do anything for me but waste a tank of juice in five minutes. I'd much rather focus on flavor and be content with that. But to each their own!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

In my opinion height is s flavor killer..

To me the flavor off s Freakshow Mini has better flavor than the original Freakshow. A derringer or Bambino may have a bit better flavor than the Freakshow Mini if you can stand the HEAT from the coils in those RDAs.

In RTAs s short RTA with a well designed chimney will have more flavor than a taller or less well dedigno chimney in another RTA because the vapor is more dense and can't expand much from coil to mouth.

Everyone is going on abouy the Billow V2.

I had one and sold it. I started at 15 watys and ran it up to 40 watts till the vapor was too hot for my tastes never got one satisfactory vape out of it. I built it twice.

The two RTAs I use.

The Goblin Mini literally blew the doors off the Billow V2, and at 15-17.5 watts.

The Silverplay Nano blew the doors off the Billow V2 at 12.5 watts.

All three RTAs used the same juice from the same bottle.

I was at a vape shop yesterday to pick up a bottle of juice for s friend wanting a good Tobacco flavor.

I blee a tasty cloud and the person behind the counter asked to see my wattage and resistance. His eyes nearly fell out of his head when be saw my resistance was .89 ohms and vaping at 12.5 watts then removed the base of my GMini (use it under acrylic cap) he couldn't believe I did that with a single coil.

You don't need 100 watts if you know how to coil and wick and get a flavor chasing atty.

I am sure I will get hate mail..

CleoPhoenix

Verified Member
Dec 2, 2015
Birmingham, AL
So if you go through a bottle of juice and not find the flavor you want do you order another bottle of the same and keep trying to find it?
That would make me chuckle too! There are builds that intensify flavors (a strawberry yogurt liquid can taste like the real thing in one build, and like bland custard in another). I've always thought it was more about finding the builds that make flavors hit hard so it's more enjoyable.

Bubsmash

Nov 22, 2015
If you are a flavor chaser like I am what you are actually trying to find is that exact sweet spot of burning the liquid you add that pops out every note of flavor while you are on you take your vape in and draw it back out. I have found it all depends on how much VG to PG that is added to a bottle that determines where I set my voltage for that best note of flavor.
Usually what I found the higher the VG I run the higher my voltage goes the lower the VG the lower I have my Voltage set.
Everyone is different.

Reactions: wheelie

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Cant find it in the official flavor chasing hand book. Went through the whole manual and it is no where to be found. Can you be a flavor chasing, cloud billowing machine? Give these toppers a workout to preform at their best as they are designed. Guess we cant yet till we have a name for it huh? I will keep checking to see if I can find it. CHEERS!

Basic%20Introductory%20Manual%20to%20Understanding%20Women%20Volume1.jpg

Oppies! Grabbed the wrong book. I think that is my "honey to do list". LOL

Last edited:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Cant find it in the official flavor chasing hand book. Went through the whole manual and it is no where to be found. Can you be a flavor chasing, cloud billowing machine? Give these toppers a workout to preform at their best as they are designed. Guess we cant yet till we have a name for it huh? I will keep checking to see if I can find it. CHEERS!

Basic%20Introductory%20Manual%20to%20Understanding%20Women%20Volume1.jpg

Oppies! Grabbed the wrong book. I think that is my "honey to do list". LOL
nope.... thats the new FDA Deeming regulations for vaping... :)

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I like my steak pan fried. Broiling them is just a waste of good meat. Sadly, it took my wife 20 years to learn that simple truth.

Yep. Same here. I never could get my ex to understand it.
I've also never understood why anybody would want a steak well done.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Yep. Same here. I never could get my ex to understand it.
I've also never understood why anybody would want a steak well done.
Me either! People always give my funny looks when I ask for my steak still mooing at a restaurant.

My exact description when asked how I want it cooked is "so rare it's almost raw!"

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Me either! People always give my funny looks when I ask for my steak still mooing at a restaurant.

My exact description when asked how I want it cooked is "so rare it's almost raw!"

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Same here.. Just get it hot. Cook it enough to kill Most of the bacteria that might be there. I'll be happy

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I'm a dual user. I chase clouds AND tootle puff. I like the clouds. I get some sort of emotional release from blowing out a huge cloud that helps to relieve stress much the same way an analog used to. But I can't do it all day. I chain vape and large volumes (20 - 30 ml a day) of high VG fluids make my chest feel heavy. Most of the day, I just tootle puff on a KFL. Batteries last 10x as long, uses a LOT less juice, doesn't fog up my office, etc... So, when tootle puffing, I try to build for the best flavor I can get out of a tank to maximize the enjoyment. I have different tanks built for different juices since some taste better when they burn hotter and some taste better cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread