Bellus vs BillowV2 vs KayfunLite vs RussianV2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AviA

Mar 25, 2016
Hi
I am new to vaping and want to quit analogs.... already ordered Evic VTC mini and searching suitable RTA.
After i went through hundreds of reviews, i shortlisted 4 RTAs and will be ordering 1 of them.
Hope to get proper solution of my confusion.

1. KFL : Most recommended RTA for M2L.....no Air flow control is my only concern
2. Russian V2 : KFL with AFC......
3. Bellus : Honourable mention everywhere...........
4. Billow V2 : Considered as kayfun Killer......Dual coil....

Any help is much appreciated. Open for sugguestions.
Thanks

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Bellus is a top tank imo, I have 6 and like them very much, it is as you say a very good alrounder.
Only 2 things to be aware off:
the build deck is not the biggest out there, so you can't build huge coils.
It has only 2 post holes, so dual coil is a little trickier than decks with 4 post holes.
Both those don't bother me, so I highly recommend this RTA

Last edited:
Reactions: mightymen

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Your problem with response is that you should have posted under RTA section of this. Most people come in and click on a section rather than scroll down to see if there is anything under the broad section. Anyway, I do not have a bachelor but I do have a bellus and have used kayfuns since the start. I use the Bellus with a single coil at about 1 ohm so am a MTLer. I really like this tank. Its advantage over the bachelor is that you can use it single or double coil. So if your tastes change or you want to try something different, you have the choice. I know the bachelor is getting pretty good reviews other than people seem to be having some issues with ripping up some of their orings. Apparently you can't buy replacements so you want to think about that. As to kayfun lites, I went past them in regards to airflow. I buy kayfun monsters now as they have a lot better airflow. KFL+ is a great tank but at some point, given today's equipment, you may find that it no longer suits what you want and since there is no adjustability it will sit in your drawer. I have about a dozen of them sitting there now!!

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
To be honest, for a good all-around MTL you can't go wrong with a Kayfun Lite V2 clone. I am having three of them and still like them, besides some *minor* annoyances. For example, screwing on coils. I am looking into a Taifun GT 2, it looks like one of the few good MTL which is similar/better than the KFL V2.
Lemo 2 would *possibly* be another option. As for Russian etc... I like my airflow really tight with the option to adjust, not sure whether the Russian would really be an improvement.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
To correct your issue with screwing on coils on the KFL+, you can try these. I know it says KF4 but I replace the screws on all my kayfuns with them.
$0.91 Replacement Screws for Kayfun V4 (5-Pack) 5-pack - size: 4.0*1.6mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

If you want to try a Taifun, this makes for a very inexpensive tank that works really well
$7.39 Replacement Base + Chimney for Taifun GT-T V2 - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$1.76 Replacement Acrylic Tank for Taifun GT-T V2 RTA - translucent at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
I have 3 of the 4 RTAs you've mentioned: KFL, Billow V2, Bellus

I'll give some pros and cons so you can decide whats right for you.

1. KFL - you're probably only able to do MTL hit on this. You're builds are most likely going to be in the 1 ~ 2ohm range. You can maybe build sub ohm but the RTA just doesn't have the airflow to properly do this. No leakage as long as you bottom fill. Have not tried the top fill method where you block the airflow hole while filling. Some dry hits, but maybe my wick isn't right or I'm just too used to DL and I'm pulling too hard.

2. Billow V2 - You have to build dual coils (no ceramic / silicon blocker). You can probably do MTL (never tried) but you probably wouldn't want to. You can build sub ohm or >1ohm (I've only done sub ohm, 0.2~0.5 range). Great taste. Lots of vapor. NO top fill. I have no leaks or dry hit issues with this tank assuming you wick right and its fairly easy to wick. A relatively "dry" tank (not alot of condensation).

3. Bellus - You can choose single or dual build. You can build sub ohm or >1 ohm (I've only built dual coil sub ohm). Similar flavor / vapor when compared to the Billow (hardly tell any difference, maybe slightly better taste on billow). This RTA is a bit harder to get the wick right. I've had it leak thru the side airflow holes when topfill & not wicked right. Its a "wet" tank, meaning no matter what you do you're bound to get condensation around the airflow holes either when filling or when vaping.

IMO I would go with the billow V2. No top fill but its just an extra step of unscrewing the tank and filling from bottom.

Flavor best to worst is - Billow > Bellus > KFL
Vapor best to worst is - Billow >= Bellus > KFL

IMO its not fair to compare the KFL to either of the 2.

You have another option, check out the newer RTAs out there (the 4 RTA's you mentioned are a bit dated, KFL & 91% dates back to 2013 or 2014, Billow V2 and Bellus dates back to 2015). 2016 RTAs all have bigger build decks (ranging from 13-17mm), velocity style build decks (super freaking easy to build). And then you have the bells and whistles on these newer RTAs such as juice flow control, top airflow control, unique top fill designs, etc.

I personally have the Griffin 22mm, Alleria 23mm, both great RTAs. I have a Gemini 22mm, Billow V3, Aromamizer Supreme RDTA 25mm coming this month altho this has nothing to do with your thread I'm just excited about it :)

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
They're very different tanks. Well the Bellus and KFL at least, I don't have experience with the Billows (1, 2, or 3). The KFL is great, but the Bellus is much more versatile. Top fill in itself is reason enough for getting the Bellus rather than the KFL. I mtl, and at least for me the Bellus can do that without a problem, and the flavor is great. Other options might be the OBS Crius (though mine have problems with leaking between the air flow and juice flow rings), the Geekvape Griffin (I'm waiting to get mine), or the Steam Crave Aromamizer (I mtl with mine - though it's a clone so the authentic one might work differently). By all accounts the Billow v3 should be superior to the v2, but I don't know how they compare in practice.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I'd say Billow V3 is the best of all worlds. Basically Crius and Griffin meets even more quirky air flow and all the other bells and whistles aside from a huge deck. V2 was super solid, but 3 has that effortless fill mechanism of the current generation of devices.
That side fill is indeed great. I have the Crius, and while I have some problems with it the ease of the side fill keeps it in rotation. I really need to get a Billow v3.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
To be honest, for a good all-around MTL you can't go wrong with a Kayfun Lite V2 clone. I am having three of them and still like them, besides some *minor* annoyances. For example, screwing on coils. I am looking into a Taifun GT 2, it looks like one of the few good MTL which is similar/better than the KFL V2.
Lemo 2 would *possibly* be another option. As for Russian etc... I like my airflow really tight with the option to adjust, not sure whether the Russian would really be an improvement.

Yeah , with how ridiculously low they are priced at now i'm loving it , around $8.00 to $12.00 .

I bought a few of them and then ordered the Monster V2 bases and these things are fire breathers now.

Vastly superior airflow compared to the standard bases.

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
The problem, often in reviews or how others judge an atomizer, is that those are often merely personal opinions. For example, "superior" airflow to me doesn't mean anything. Most of the time, "superior" or good airflow means that an atomizer has plenty of airflow for submohming, but for someone who likes MTL this is more bad than good especially if the airflow cannot be restricted. MOST devices which are good for subohming are not good for MTL and vice versa.
(When I open up the TWO air holes of my EHPro KFL I can also blow smoke like a ...., but I don't. I don't like the airy feel, then rather little airflow and less vape...of course that's also just an opinion :) )

Reactions: DaveP

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
If you still smoke i would recommend the kfl for sure while i get why tons of people love the Bellus & Billow V2 imo mouth to lung (MTL) is the generally preferred vaping style of most vapers when they switch and kayfun brand makes many of the best MTL tanks out there if your uncertain just get a Bellus and kayfun from fastech and see what you like it will probably only cost $30 or so (dont get anything under 4 stars ftr)..... id probably recommend the Kayfun Mini V3 over the KFL also

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I have 3 bellus 1 is a clone since the first month they came availabe all perform perfect for me.

Choice of top or unscrew bottom fill. Holds plenty of wick in Wells.

Very little leaking though that due to wick holding logts of juice. Depending on coil used little tricky finding right amount of wicking material to use once I got that down I was in heaven.

You'll always get some spouting out of air vents due to lots of juice in wicking material as I said already. No dry hits with baby ever.

Best performance I get is with 2.0 mm coil though I use 2.5 mm because I want lots of juice when vaping.

Can't get above 2.5 to 2.75 mm or I get shorts.

Able to get up to 15 turns of wire 26 GA to make a coil then problems kick in.

I have no reason to buy anything other then another bellus - things just can not get better.

Original cost anywhere from $20 up fasttech has clones for $13 up

One other thing drop them more then a few times never broke the glass yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread