Best 18350 Battery?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Rush808, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Rush808

Rush808 Full Member

Hi,

Been searching around for what is the top of the line 18350 Battery. Unfortunately the ever popular search button delivers be random threads (evic tubes, telescoping mods, ect) due to "18350" is the smallest MOD/APV option.

I plan on using it solo. I currently have an EFest IMR V2 800 Mah LiMn, is there something better out there? (in the 18350 series).

Please help a "Newb" out.

side question what is the next size up?

2. Sheila Michele 1971

Sheila Michele 1971 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use EFest in my Vamo 2
    I have both EFest IMR 18350 800 mah (mostly use them stacked) and EFest IMR 18650 2250 mah
    Not that matters, or maybe it does but I use flat tops primarily and have button tops as back up.

3. tomadc

tomadc Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

AW IMR is the way to go. Best prices can be found at rtdvapor.com or supertmanufacturing.com.
    The next size up is 18490/18500

4. Rush808

Rush808 Full Member

^ Thanks all.

Tom, why is AW better? is it quality, proven over time (through other vaper(s) experience)? does AW have a longer shelf life?

I notice the AW is about 100 mah less than EFest, can i conclude; the fully charged EFest will last longer than a fully charged AW?

5. tomzgreat

tomzgreat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

When producing cells, they grade them on quality. The top quality ones go to AW the 2nd grade go to efest and off name products.

I had two Efest and two AW IMR 14500 Batteries that I alternated. In 6 months the Efest went bad, the Aw IMR were still chugging away.

I suspect, and because I don't have 18350 from Efest and can't' test myself that AW gives an honest Mah rating whereas Efest may be exaggerating and under real use, might come in at or below the Aw IMR

I have a Lamp for my bike and I did a test.
    I had Orbritronic 18650 Batteries which are very high quality the Mah was 2800
    I compared it to an Ultrafire 3100mah

Basically I ran the batteries in the lamp and timed them.
    With the ultrafire after around 2 hours it began to dim and ran out 1/2 hour later.
    The Orbritronic ran for over 2 1/2 hours steady bright light and shut off at 3 hours.

So MAH is not everything.

On the other hand I compared two Protected Trustfire 14500 900mah to two Aw Imr 14500 batteries and the Trustfires left the Aw IMR trailing in a cloud of dust.

The Box mod I was using it in would not have tested the tolerances of the Trustfire so it was the better deal.

6. eratikmind

eratikmind Retired & Squonking It Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    AW IMR only in my mod.

- Andy . . . Challenge in lieu of being challenged.

7. tomzgreat

There are a lot of decisions involving batteries.

My rule of thumb.
    1. What size fits in the Mod. Some are sized that they'll only fit an IMR Battery.
    In that case I buy AW IMG from Light Hound. They are famous on the Flashlight forums for being a reliable source for AW
    There are many knockoffs out there and I don't buy anywhere else
    2. What is my application. If I'm going to be doing just regular vaping than you can get by with a Quality Lithium Ion Non IMR Battery [Protected]
    If you are planning on doing extreme vaping, Example dual coils at high Voltage, than you definitely will need an IMR Battery
    Two Links
    A. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png
    IF you are in the Red Zone definitely IMR
    B.
    Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator
    Check the Amps, if you are at 2 Amps no problem, 2.5 Amps Caution Zone 3 Amps you want IMR or High Drain by the way any experts who want to correct my assessment feel free. this is an opinion and shouldn't be taken as a engraved in stone fact.

3. Your device. Devices are specific, If you are on a Mechanical Mod and doing xtreme vaping, you need your head examined if you don't use an IMR or a High Drain Battery. While Protected batteries have protection, they are often cheap and you can't count on the protection always going off. Bad Things can happen.
    Provari and other VV that are high tech will usually have the circuitry to cut off if something bad happens with your battery. Still if you are in the Red Zone or Vaping above 2.5Amps than you need High drain.

I welcome the opinion of experts on this matter.

8. ssaxikjob

ssaxikjob Full Member Verified Member

That's good to know. My Provari came with AW IMR so started buying that brand.

9. tomzgreat

I've been using Protected Orbitronic Batteries on my Provari for years without issue. Orbritronic is a very good quality Chinese Cel.

But on my Provari I vaped a 2.4OHm or 2.8 Clearomizer at around 4.2 to 4.8 this is low amperage vaping, so I saved money without a performance drop.

10. HelloPussy

HelloPussy Moved On

Great information,don't want any electronic blowing up in my face:l

11. programmer41

programmer41 Senior Member ECF Veteran

oh dear i just rcv my vamo today
    it is so huge
    i did not think it is this big and heavy

12. JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED Ultra Member ECF Veteran

:laugh:
    What's too big, too ugly and has too many buttons?

13. BigBang

BigBang Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Tiny compared to my SVD with stacked 18350's:blink:

14. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

I agree with the above comments. :thumb:

The ECF battery guru's state, "Our advice is that the best and the safer choice of battery for APVs is the AW IMR Li-Mn rechargeable. - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html

I've had 3 AW 18650 IMR's for at least a year in constant daily rotation. They are still working nearly like new. I've also been using 6 AW 18350 IMRs in a Mini Provari, a Segelei V8, and a Smoktech Gripper for a few months and they are performing up to their advertised mAh rating.

I would place very low priority on the quality of a battery based solely on mAh rating. It's as much an inflated sales tactic as anything, especially with lesser recognized battery brands. AW or Panasonic has no need to inflate mAh ratings based on their long-time reputations.

15. benzinojamin

benzinojamin Full Member

I coulnd't pass a deal up on a couple Efest 14500s. Don't have the link handy, but there a pretty good study on here depicting Efest out performing the AWs of the same size. Still, I'll probably get some AWs shorty because of their reputation.

16. royalty

royalty Full Member

eFest batteries I believe are the best you can buy as far as I'm concerned. They are the best quality ones I've used

17. Tmartin63

Tmartin63 Happy Vaper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I came across this thread trying to find the best 18350 available for a vamo and nemesis clone. I have had no luck at all with 18350. Had the cheap ones that come from FT. They lasted about 2 weeks. I read on here efest was the best so I bought 2 eFest 18350's from RTD and the first one stopped working after about 3 weeks. The second one stopped yesterday, about 6 weeks old. Put it in the vamo, shows 4.2 volts, take two draws, shows low voltage, stick it in my intellicharger and it shows one bar. I guess I will have to try the AW's, hopefully they will last longer

18. dwc95133

dwc95133 Full Member Verified Member

Had my Efest 18350 for 3 month now and they are working great. I even use them in .9 ohm 8 nano coil build with 2 wires. They last me about 1.25 hours while chain vaping. AW only last me about 1 hour.

19. cyberwolf

cyberwolf Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Absolutely. The mAh rating may mean something on the better batteries, but it means nothing on the junk. The difficult part is figuring out where the line is between the two. I am not disparaging Efest, they are nearly on par with the AWs in my experience.

20. ZeroNic58

ZeroNic58 Full Member

Supporting member
    I am rotating four UltraFire 18350's 1200mah through my Innokin iTaste SVD (two stacked) and am very happy with the results. I'm a chain vaper and get a good hour from them before the SVD calls me "Lou". :) They perform much better than a single 18650 3000mah UltraFire. Of course, I would expect them to.

I'm looking to add two more to the rotation. May give the eFest a try.

-Jeff

: provari, vamo, evic
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.