Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
^ Thanks all.

Tom, why is AW better? is it quality, proven over time (through other vaper(s) experience)? does AW have a longer shelf life?

I notice the AW is about 100 mah less than EFest, can i conclude; the fully charged EFest will last longer than a fully charged AW?

Efest is one of those companies who overstate their battery specifications in order to make them look better than the competition, much like the Trustfire, Surefire, and Ultrafire manufacturers do.

AW has earned a well-deserved reputation as one of the best batteries (if not THE best) you can buy. Proven reliability and consistancy from one battery to the next. More mod manufacturers recommend using AW than any other brand. Provape even says they designed the Provari to work with an AW IMR battey. AW is the most counterfeited battery in the world, due to their popularity and reputation.

I generally use only AW IMR batteries in all of my mods. The few times I've used a competitors model, I've always been disappointed.

Therefore, I'll state that the AW IMR 18350 700mAh battery is the best you can use. Buy only from trusted vendors, ie RTD Vapor.

awimr18350.jpg

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I am rotating four UltraFire 18350's 1200mah through my Innokin iTaste SVD (two stacked) and am very happy with the results. I'm a chain vaper and get a good hour from them before the SVD calls me "Lou". :) They perform much better than a single 18650 3000mah UltraFire. Of course, I would expect them to.

I'm looking to add two more to the rotation. May give the eFest a try.

-Jeff

Well good luck with that. I wouldn't consider using any battery with "Fire" in the name, and would certainly never use a "Fire" named battery in stacked mode. The "Fire" brand of batteries have a pretty low reputation around here, from what I've read, and are usually recommended as the ones to steer clear of.

Don't vape to close to me, please. AW, Sony, and the New Efest Purple looks good, but I don't do 350's in any mod I own.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I've used many 18350 batts. They last a year or two before capacity wains excessively.
Trustfire and Ultrafire 18350 batts served me well in 1.6 to 2.0 ohm coils.
My "Fire" batts handled hard shorts by temporary PCM induced shutdown; no heat.
Now days I use efest and AW 18350 which seem to perform the same.
My IMRs handled hard shorts by melting shrink wrap.
I haven't bothered volt drop comparisons of 18350 but samsung inr-18650-20r does great.
Avoid counterfeits and choose correct chemistry for application.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Andrew Wan (AW) is a distributor in China who buy large lots of batteries from the Japanese manufacturers, where the best batteries are made. Batteries are not created equal in performance from the factory, so AW puts all these batteries through extensive tests. The best of these get chosen to wear the red AW wraps with the AW logo sticker. You know you're getting one of the best batteries when you purchase authentic AW batteries. Buy authentic AW batteries from authorized dealers like RTD Vapor.

awimr18350.jpg

Gonzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Marietta, GA, USA
I hate the red Efest 18350's. They work great when new, but they lose charge way too fast after a month or so in rotation. All I used forever were AW IMR's untill I got 2 purple Efest, 10.5amp 18350's that I'm putting through their paces. So far they seem to perform and hold their charge on par with AW, at least in my experience.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    IMO 18350's are just to small to do the job. (same as using 14500's). 18490/500 is the most versitile, and best alternative unless you intend to do extreme vaping.

AW does not make batteries, they test them. Those that meet their standards get an AW sticker. Those that don't are sold and end up in electric razers and the like.

All 6 of these have AW IMR 18490's in them.
    P1000809_zps522418e3.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Metis
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread