Best 3.7 volt Mod

Discussion in 'Requests for Opinions/Reviews' started by ViewAskewVapar, Apr 8, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ViewAskewVapar

ViewAskewVapar Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2011
    Metro Detroit
    I am about to snag up a RoughStack v2 from madvapes but before I do I would like some input on what you guys feel is the best 3.7 volt mod. I am not interested in a bottom feeder, so leave those out. Thanks :)

2. Goldenkobold

Goldenkobold Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2010
    Florida
    roughstack v2 from madvapes looks like as good a choice as any, unless you want a bigger battery.

3. ViewAskewVapar

Feb 1, 2011
    Metro Detroit
    I think 1200 mah should be sufficient, a 900 mah eGo battery can last me all day. Is there a significant difference between an eGo (3.2) and a true 3.7?

4. Dudeman

Dudeman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2009
    Fall River, MA
    Best 3.7v mod is very subjective. I vote for whichever 3.7v mod is most appealing to you.

Madvapes now has the extended battery cup avaliable as well as a v2 maxi roughstack.

5. wyojoe

wyojoe Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2011
    Wyoming
    Hot box mode, at Aceofvapes. I like it because you have a charger built in. I have had one for a month and it works great, has the 14500 battery included and a usb charging cable so you can vape and charge at the same time. Nice very reasonable price.

6. Goldenkobold

Goldenkobold Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2010
    Florida
    It is more than a wattage of difference a 2.0 ohm on a 3.7 performs like a 1.6 would on a 3.3,
    some people notice it more than others but I think its hard to miss the difference of a fully charged battery on a mod and a fully charged ego.

You mileage may vary.

7. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    I like the BB from Altsmokes,but the rough stack is cool too.

8. jazdale

jazdale Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2011
    Jackson, MI
    Just curious...why no interest in bottom feeders?

I love my mini. Everything else has a compromise.

9. ViewAskewVapar

Feb 1, 2011
    Metro Detroit
    I am not a fan of atomizers, I'm a carto guy.

10. VpnDrgn

VpnDrgn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    Gulfport, MS.
    I love my GLV2. I don't know how much you wanted to spend or if it is something you have to have right a way, but the mods from Greatlakesvapor are great.
    Jay only does the CR123a batties ( 16340 ), that would be 2 batts for the full size and he puts in a resistor to get it down to 5V or 3.7V. I thought mine was a bit hot for what was supposed to be 3.7V so I took out the resistor and put in a single 14670 batty and it is perfect.

Long story short - I would recommend the GLV2 with no resistor and the 14670 batty. These mods come in a lot of colors and can be engraved.

11. cubfanthad

cubfanthad Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2010
    Rock Island IL
    I also have the Hotbox and I love it, for the price and being able to use it as a passthrough, it's a great deal.

12. ViewAskewVapar

Feb 1, 2011
    Metro Detroit
    Thanks everyone for the input, I think I am going to go ahead and order the RoughStack now. The more I look at it, the more I dig the small size.

13. wyojoe

wyojoe Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2011
    Wyoming
    The hotbox is small and like I said, has a built in charger. It measures about 1 1/4 in. wide by 3/4 in. thick and 2 5/8in. high. You will not beat the price anywhere. The other mods (some times) they don't come with batteries or a charger so you pay extra. This mode has it all.

I do think the RoughStack is a great choice because it is 1200 mAh battery, and the hotbox is only 900 mAh but it does last a long time between charges.

14. ViewAskewVapar

Feb 1, 2011
    Metro Detroit
    I do like the fact that it can be used while charger but I really wanted to stay away from plastic mods. It could easily be broken at my place of work.

15. BiancaMontgomery

BiancaMontgomery SQUIRREL! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2010
    North Carolina
    I have dropped my Rough Stack down brick stairs, on concrete, on hardwood floors...yeah...I've dropped it a lot...and it just keeps on going LOL. It's tough and vapes great. I hope you'll be happy with yours. :)

16. Para

Para Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2010
    Texas
    Roughstack is a great mod and one you can easily customize

[​IMG]

17. ViewAskewVapar

Feb 1, 2011
    Metro Detroit
    Love the black one! I may do the same.

18. GiMante

GiMante Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    So Cal
    I am also a happy roughstack user. They take a lot of abuse and keep on going. They are so stealthy also, which I love.

19. ViewAskewVapar

Feb 1, 2011
    Metro Detroit

What kind of paint did you use and what is that attached to the button?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.