best 5v mini usb pass through

Status
Not open for further replies.

mycro

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Michigan
o.k. it was late and i'm dumb:cry:-lol

so I wired it back up to the atty connector this morn and it stays on-doesn't matter if i push the button or not-tried clicking on it-like to turn it off, and still getting vapor.
Has to be where I have it wired to right? I am somehow bypassing that button and going straight to the battery from where i soldered those wires-since the button is not turning it off even when i click on it.
I don't know much about electrical stuff/please excuse my stupidity:p
Gonna try some more-I did buy the switches like recommended for your mod here, so if I have to I can use one of those.

by the way-thanks for posting your instructional-this thing is awesome for the tiny size! Hope I don't ruin it messing around with it before I get done.
just for the short time i had it hooked up, sure seemed like its gonna work excellent.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Thanks! This is my first mod and it went smooth and works awesome...the wheels are already turning for the next mod...lol

mh4et.jpg

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
question for codfish or whoever would know this. i removed the "flashlite" lite. Does it matter if the black flashlite button is pushed or not? Cause i wasn't thinking about it before and already epoxied the thing and so i don't know if that button is "on" or not.
since that led light is gone, does it matter?
thanks!

It shouldn't matter. The LED closed the circuit, so you could press the button all day without it draining the battery.

crip

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
A-town Cali
cripskillz.com
messin with one of these right now

IMG_1332edit.jpg

so wire on left is ground,, i read 5.1 volts, , the very next wire is reading 4.2 most likely direct batt voltage but its not , direct to battery is reading 3.98, far right positive,, im wondering what it is in this circut that jumps the voltage up an extra 1.1v hummm

mine should be done soon.. yay for RS..

Well got it all done and it works great when hooked to usb but doesnt work at all when un plugged kinda weird..

oh well im only using it for my pass thru anyhow hehehe..

Last edited:

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
I know mine wasn't charged out of the package, maybe a full charge is all you need. The little blue light will go out once it's fully charged. I haven't had any issues using it portable. Not sure why you would unless it doesn't have a full charge.

I was kinda wondering about the voltage boost myself. With a boost of voltage the current goes down, if I'm remembering my electronics schooling. That being said, I'm thinking that's not a good thing as far as generating heat from the atomizer but it would increase the time to battery drain....correct me if I'm wrong.

kRAM

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
San Jose, CA
messin with one of these right now

so wire on left is ground,, i read 5.1 volts, , the very next wire is reading 4.2 most likely direct batt voltage but its not , direct to battery is reading 3.98, far right positive,, im wondering what it is in this circut that jumps the voltage up an extra 1.1v hummm

mine should be done soon.. yay for RS..

Well got it all done and it works great when hooked to usb but doesnt work at all when un plugged kinda weird..

oh well im only using it for my pass thru anyhow hehehe..
I also had th same problem and I thought it was my soldering so i soldered directly to the battery and works fine. Used it for a couple days and just recently started charging it. How long does it normally take to charge?

Guitarslinger

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Central Illinois
I also had th same problem and I thought it was my soldering so i soldered directly to the battery and works fine. Used it for a couple days and just recently started charging it. How long does it normally take to charge?

I just finished one of these myself-I get the same 5.1 v reading. Using a 510 atty, I get absolutely nothing out of it, using a 901 it will work on the PT mode, but it's still a pretty weak vape, imho. My guess is that the mA rating is much to low to power the higher resistance attys properly. It's a cool little device, but doesn't give the vape I'm looking for I guess. Gonna try to salvage it for some other project-maybe it can be used for a charging circuit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread