Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
I have an ultrasonic cleaner that I got early in my vaping career but personally I found it didn't do any better than an alcohol soak/flush and it annoyed my dogs so I don't use it anymore. The recommended cleaning method is to boil for 10 minutes, flush with warm/hot water, and boil again.

All in all, the AVA is different from any other atomizer. Because of this it has some strengths that will be hard to match with a more conventional design. It's not a magical panacea and you may find you prefer something different. There's a lot of promise to the design and I think it'll stick around. Is it worth the price? So far I believe so. If it lasts six months or more it's a no-brainer and that sounds like a realistic outcome.
I use vinegar then distilled water in my ultrasonic. Think there is a big difference between the models? Thanks for the info on the AVA. How long has yours lasted for? I agree if it last for 6 months it is a no brainer. But I am curious on if the person used high wattages with it. What wattage do you run yours at?

adami

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
usa
I'm running at 6.0V, ~10.9W on a ProVari. I haven't even had it for a week yet. Just got it Saturday and so far it's been a great experience. I think the only significant differences in the models are the open connector and straight body. The elements, aside from resistance, should all be the same. The open connector might have a more open draw but I imagine that won't make any difference with a needle plugging it.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
I'm running at 6.0V, ~10.9W on a ProVari. I haven't even had it for a week yet. Just got it Saturday and so far it's been a great experience. I think the only significant differences in the models are the open connector and straight body. The elements, aside from resistance, should all be the same. The open connector might have a more open draw but I imagine that won't make any difference with a needle plugging it.
Thanks. I tried my friends ava on my reo yesterday. It was the one with the sealed connection. I was not that impressed. Wondering is the sealed vs unsealed are really different. I just read this comment on another thread that says the AVA really shine after being cleaned. Interesting need to find out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread