Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Well the HE4 are 20A Continuous so are the HG2, and 25R from what I see on google. I don't go buy maximum amps. Only main difference I can see are the HG2 is 3000mah which amps mean more to me than mah.

If you want a higher continuous discharge I'd go with the Sony VCT4 which are 30a continuous.

At 0.2 ohms if you went above 88 watts you would be between 20-21 amps. Which is no wiggle room for safety.

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
What wattage are you planning on running? If it is under 100 watts, the HE2, HE4, or 25r will be fine. They are 20a batteries. That gives them the ability to go up to 128w at the 3.2v cutoff. I wouldn't push past 100 watts on them because I like to have some overhead for safety, though. If you are planning on taking it past 100w, get yourself a set of VTC4 batteries or the LG HB6. The HB6 is rated for 30a, but has a low capacity of 1500mah. The VTC4 is a solid 20a battery that can safely be pushed to 30a, and it has a higher capacity of 2100mah.

Reactions: PurpleGrapess

PurpleGrapess

Jul 25, 2015
What wattage are you planning on running? If it is under 100 watts, the HE2, HE4, or 25r will be fine. They are 20a batteries. That gives them the ability to go up to 128w at the 3.2v cutoff. I wouldn't push past 100 watts on them because I like to have some overhead for safety, though. If you are planning on taking it past 100w, get yourself a set of VTC4 batteries or the LG HB6. The HB6 is rated for 30a, but has a low capacity of 1500mah. The VTC4 is a solid 20a battery that can safely be pushed to 30a, and it has a higher capacity of 2100mah.
Wow, just looked at the LG hb6 on illumn.com and there going for $4.50? Seems a little sketchy. Really like the battery though from what i see

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
Wow, just looked at the LG hb6 on illumn.com and there going for $4.50? Seems a little sketchy. Really like the battery though from what i see

If they are from illumn, I would trust that they are legit. They just aren't really as much of an "in demand" battery as the VTC series. I imagine that is the reason the price is so low.

Reactions: Mooch

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
From Illumn, I'd believe it. However, make sure you're actually looking at the HB6 and not the HG6...

Reactions: Mooch

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    out of these batteries which would work best with the segelei 150w using no lower than .2ohms? And would the sigelei be able to handle the LG HG2 with 42A?

-LG HE4 2500 mAh 35A
    -LG HG2 3000 mAh 42A
    -Samsung INR 25R 2500 mAh 20A

At max power in that Sigelei, a pair of HG2's will be running very hard. They're 20A cells and run a bit hot already. Same for the HE4's and 25R's.

I recommend the VTC4's. The HB6's will run a lot cooler but are lower capacity.
    If you're always up in the 125W-150W range though get the HB6's.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    ahh, the HB6 loses capacity faster under 30A, guess its only good if your going to be using 30A+ otherwise the battery life is going to be really short
    Precisely. I wouldn't pick it unless I actually needed the 30 amps, like in a contest mod, for example. For normal hi-amp use, I run VTC4s, and always in a mech mod because you never know when you're going to get a stuck button or auto-fire and there is no safety in a mech. For lower power use, up to 20 amps, the Samsung 25R would be my choice, except I never actually choose them personally because I am a mekkie and I have a houseful of VTC4s anyway. I don't want a lot of different-spec batteries laying around so I have to remember who is what.

Last edited:
    Reactions: PurpleGrapess

PurpleGrapess

Jul 25, 2015
    At max power in that Sigelei, a pair of HG2's will be running very hard. They're 20A cells and run a bit hot already. Same for the HE4's and 25R's.

I recommend the VTC4's. The HB6's will run a lot cooler but are lower capacity.
    If you're always up in the 125W-150W range though get the HB6's.
    Precisely. I wouldn't pick it unless I actually needed the 30 amps, like in a contest mod, for example. For normal hi-amp use, I run VTC4s, and always in a mech mod because you never know when you're going to get a stuck button or auto-fire and there is no safety in a mech. For lower power use, up to 20 watts, the Samsung 25R would be my choice, except I never actually choose them personally because I am a mekkie and I have a houseful of VTC4s anyway. I don't want a lot of different-spec batteries laying around so I have to remember who is what.
    Any known websites that have the VTC4's at a good price like illumn.com (There out of stock on the VTC4). If not i wouldn't mind getting 4 HB6's so that i always have a charge ready.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    Any known websites that have the VTC4's at a good price like illumn.com (There out of stock on the VTC4). If not i wouldn't mind getting 4 HB6's so that i always have a charge ready.
    RTDVapor has 4 VTC4s and two safe-storage boxes on sale for $29 right now, and the "out of stock" flag is not set. Here's the link. I just ordered some (and some AW 18350s and some extra boxes and stuff) last week or so. They're good people over there.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

Or you can try orbtronic.com or liionwholesale.com.

skilow

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 30, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    • Deleted by sonicdsl
    • Reason: Off Topic
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread