Best Battery for Kangertech Toptank Mini 75w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitesh Shah

Sep 22, 2016
Hi,

Posting my first question and pretty excited to get some real good answers from this community to make my vaping experience better each day.

To keep the question short - straight to the point. i use LG HD2 18650 battery for my Kangertech top tank mini 75w. THE CONFUSION - still don't know whether the battery is fine to work between 50 to 75w where the voltage also goes up to around 6v.

if these are not ok can someone suggest me the best battery to make use of my mod to the maximum capacity without any fear.

Cheers !!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Kanger Toptank Mini 75watt is considered to be a single battery regulated mod, so it doesn't matter what resistance coil you vape with. What matters is what wattage you vape at. Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod

A good 20 amp continuous battery is generally considered to be adequate up to about 65 watts in a single battery regulated mod. If you vape a lot above that wattage, you probably should use a 25 or 30 amp continuous battery.

Your Lg HD2 is a 25 amp continuous 2000mAh battery. It is probably an ideal choice for your vaping application. If you limit your vaping to under 65 watts, you could get longer battery time per charge with a 20 amp 3000mAh battery.

Choosing which battery to use is based primarily on the amp requirements to your application, and secondarily on the capacity (mAh) of the battery. More mAh gives longer battery use between charges, but the minimal amp requirement must be met first and foremost.

With batteries specifications, we have 30 amp CDR batteries with 1500mAh capacity (mAh) to the other end of the spectrum of lower 10 amp batteries with higher capacity (3400mAh). A happy medium presently is the 20 amp 3000mAh batteries.

Our Battery Mooch has bench tested hundreds of 18650 batteries for performance and safety. Below are his recommended batteries, with the manufacturer's amp ratings and his own bench-tested amp rating.

image-jpeg.600623

18650 Battery Safety Grades -- Picking a Safe Cell to Vape With
List of Battery Tests

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread