Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
Casey Jones doesn't wick either.

weird. My DIY is 75% VG and it wicks fine. I wonder why the two above juices are so viscous?

From what I have learned via their fb and website is that at least for ITC, the source of their vg is naturally extra viscous. Which isnt a problem for me, as I tank their 50/50 which is now a 60/40 pg/vg (but wicks like other companies 50/50) and drip max vg. Then with lots of companies esp some of the giant vapes type brands that I also vape, it will say 70vg but seems so thin which I tend to attribute to a aqueous vg type calculation. Aqueous max vg types do provide pretty comparable vapor while they tend to wick better, but the thinner the messier when I am putting it into drippers. Hope I made some sense.

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
I don't have wicking problems with max VG or 100% VG liquids in my Subtanks or my Atlantis. ITC max VG included.

yada yada yada Tapatalk

Me neither, but I am a huge chain vape type on my newer sub-ohm tanks and prefer the 50/50 so I don't ever have to run the risk of a dry hits due to how I tend to vape. But I tend to consider things like that subjective. Just bc they work fine for me, doesn't mean others have the same experience. Equipment, technique, preference, etc are all so varied and subjective. But I did notice that the 70vg and max don't wick "as well" which tend to mute the flavor. The same juice in another tank that wicks better it tastes just fine, so to avoid all the nonsense I just use 50/50...

Last edited:

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Nicoticket ACB
apparently I don't like tobacco absolute any more than I did 4 years ago. This tastes like a weird and way too sweet tobacco vape from 2011. Vapeable so it won't go to waste, but I'm going to have to rebuild before I vape anything else in this tank. Not a fan. Unrecognizable as a custard vape, hopefully I'll enjoy CLS.

BigMak45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Central Minnesota
It's just like a custard eliquid, except it doesn't wick in a tank, Probably the #1 custard out there if you're a tank user and are looking for dry hits.

Interesting. ITC's Custard #3 and Cinnegram Custard have been mainstays in my rotation since they came out. I order 50/50 at 6mg using Nautilus tanks and GS-Air's with never a problem.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Interesting. ITC's Custard #3 and Cinnegram Custard have been mainstays in my rotation since they came out. I order 50/50 at 6mg using Nautilus tanks and GS-Air's with never a problem.

subtanks have pretty small juice inlets and I'm vaping 24w on a .4 ohm build, it needs to feed a lot more juice than your nautilus

TriStar

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
USA
Glad to see Steamjuice is already on your list of custards to try. I'm a big supporter of them / their e-juice. Although I would highly recommend you request they add extra flavor in the comments section if / when you go to place your order, as the only knock I've heard against Steam is that some of their flavors are a bit too subtle (mute) for some. I've asked for extra flavor on every e-juice I've ordered and have yet to be disappointed.

Also, and it's been said already, but I would certainly add ITC to the list.

Lastly, and they may not qualify since they don't offer 120ml+ bottles, nor are they typically cheap... but NT's Custard's Last Stand is a must-try -- especially with their current BOGO 50%-off deal.

Ok, so... on second thought, Steam Juices' Thick Vanilla Custard may not be for me...

It's perfumey and tastes like thick syrup. Really not very good at all. However, they're sending me a new batch, so hopefully I just received a bad batch. I want to like it very badly (as I have ~ 120ml of it sitting on my desk at the moment).

Last edited:

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Nicoticket CLS
I see what the problem with ACB is. This custard base is just weird. It's like someone who never tried a custard vape tried to create one with no frame of reference. It has a strong artificial sweetener taste, is overly sweet and lacks richness. So far my two experiences with Nicoticket have not been good, but to be fair to them I'll let these sit a month before coming to any conclusions. It's totally possible that these two will undergo a transformation, so take my negative first impressions for what they are, first impressions.

TriStar

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
USA
did you just receive it? for me it took several weeks for the 'perfumyness' to completely dissipate. was almost unvapeable for about a week, and really nice after around a month.
I've had it for about 3 weeks now, but they sent me a new batch. I'll check back in a few months to see if a miracle has occurred. I honestly think I'm finished with Steam, unless they have another 25+ % off discount code, in which case I'll order another rounder of Brittany's American Pie, Caramel Cream and maybe VBIC. Their e-juice, for the most part, just doesn't do it for me compared to other vendors.

TriStar

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
USA
Nicoticket CLS
I see what the problem with ACB is. This custard base is just weird. It's like someone who never tried a custard vape tried to create one with no frame of reference. It has a strong artificial sweetener taste, is overly sweet and lacks richness. So far my two experiences with Nicoticket have not been good, but to be fair to them I'll let these sit a month before coming to any conclusions. It's totally possible that these two will undergo a transformation, so take my negative first impressions for what they are, first impressions.

Agreed. I have 60ml of virtually untouched CLS that I'm considering trying to unload or trade on the classifieds.

My search for the perfect custard e-juice continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread