Aug 15, 2013
SF Bay Area
My butterscotch I do for the Mrs.

50% Butterscotch FA
20% Caramel FA
15% Bavarian Cream, I have also used Custard
15% Marshmallow

I add this at like 20-25%
Still needs something in my opinion. Some sort of butter flavor or maybe increase the cream?

Thanks BigD - I have been trying so hard to find or figure out a good butterscotch recipe. I'm becoming rather obsessed about it.

At this point I have tried all flavors but NF and I have an order on the way from them.

So far I feel like many others do. Something seems to be missing, even from the best recipes.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Can someone define "NF" for me please? :)

That's Nature's Flavors.

While I'll agree that their flavorings are delicious, I'll never use them ever again. They're un-trustworthy, sneaky, and have terrible customer service. Also, many of their flavorings (did, still do?) have diacetyl, and I'm willing to wager that the Butterscotch does as well.

Just dropped in the thread myself to see what y'all thought, and I'm gonna give FW's rendition a go. Thanks!

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
That's Nature's Flavors.

While I'll agree that their flavorings are delicious, I'll never use them ever again. They're un-trustworthy, sneaky, and have terrible customer service. Also, many of their flavorings (did, still do?) have diacetyl, and I'm willing to wager that the Butterscotch does as well.

After having horrendous issues (both in taste and customer service) with NF, I googled "reviews" (I only thought my issues were bad, lol)...and there's the diacetyl issue on top of that. Anyway, I agree with Levitas - no NF for me.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
This thread has confirmed what I have found out by mixing and trying all kinds of flavors: butterscotch, like coffee, just seems to be one of those flavors that are very elusive.

Fruit flavors seem to be the easiest.

I thought it was my lack of skills, but we have all kinds of new B&M's here in Grand Rapids including Mr. E Liquid which is very popular on ECF and has a good reputation. We also have another store with a nationwide following.

Their coffee and butterscotch are no better than anything else I have tried, DIY or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread