• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Best Canadian made e-liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasE83

Nov 18, 2013
kanada
My "Top", "Mid" tier and what I deem "unvapeable" Canadian e-juices by vendor and flavour:

Top Tier
Flavour Crafters - Butter Rum tobacco, Peach, Ry4 tobacco
Ohm's Lounge - Peach, Lychee
Funky Vapes/Funksauce - Pillow Talk, Green ......., Half Clever

Mid-Tier
Funky Vapes/Funksauce - Pearl Necklace
Maple Leaf Vapes - Coconut Cream Pie, Vader Pudding
*Jiffy Nic - Berries n Cream
Crave Gourmet - Miami Vice

Unvapeable
Paradise Vapes - Smurfettes Goo, Blue Water
Maple Leaf Vapes - Joosy Fruit, Wurthers, Summer Berry, Big Red Chewing Gum, European Wild Apple, Milk Chocolate
Vapen juice - Anything (ya I was a noob and didn't know any better)
Crave Gourmet - Cookie Dough, Ambrosia, Creamsicle, French Vanilla

*Correction Re: Jiffy Nic E-juice, although the company is Canadian, their product "Jiffy Nic Signature Series - Berries n Cream" is made in the USA.

Last edited:

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
From the bottom section of the list, Vapen Juice is really just Dekang e-liquid, a low-priced Chinese brand. At the moment, I've run out of pretty much everything except for a 30 ml bottle of Dekang USA Mix, which I bought 3 or 4 months ago, when I started vaping. I won't buy it again probably, but it's not terrible, it will definitely get me through to the weekend, when i'll be able to get something better.

I still haven't seen anyone mention Gold Seal, which is a Cdn-made e-liquid available at a place called Flavorium in the east end of the Beaches in Toronto. On its website, this shop says it has a 'juice bar' for trying out flavors. I may check it out.

-- Glenn

PS: Can't finish this post without putting in a good word for Paradise Vapes, even though it's in the bottom tier below. Muskoka Blend is still my fave ADV, and i like some of the other PV flavors alot. PV is made up of a 50-50 VG/PG ratio, which i find has a great balance of vapor, flavor, and TH. OTOH, I haven't tried many other brands up to this point. Once I get a chance to check out the top ones especially, i could definitely change my mind about PV.

My "Top", "Mid" tier and what I deem "unvapeable" Canadian e-juices by vendor and flavour:

Top Tier
Flavour Crafters - Butter Rum Tobacco, Peach, Ry4 Tobacco
Ohm's Lounge - Peach, Lychee
Funky Vapes/Funksauce - Pillow Talk, Green ......., Half Clever

Mid-Tier
Funky Vapes/Funksauce - Pear Necklace
Maple Leaf Vapes - Coconut Cream Pie, Vader Pudding
Jiffy Nic - Berries n Cream
Crave Gourmet - Miami Vice

Unvapeable
Paradise Vapes - Smurfettes Goo, Blue Water
Maple Leaf Vapes - Joosy Fruit, Wurthers, Summer Berry, Big Red Chewing Gum, European Wild Apple, Milk Chocolate
Vapen Juice - Anything (ya I was a noob and didn't know any better)
Crave Gourmet - Cookie Dough, Ambrosia, Creamsicle, French Vanilla

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
From the bottom section of the list, Vapen Juice is really just Dekang e-liquid, a low-priced Chinese brand. At the moment, I've run out of pretty much everything except for a 30 ml bottle of Dekang USA Mix, which I bought 3 or 4 months ago, when I started vaping. I won't buy it again probably, but it's not terrible, it will definitely get me through to the weekend, when i'll be able to get something better.

I still haven't seen anyone mention Gold Seal, which is a Cdn-made e-liquid available at a place called Flavorium in the east end of the Beaches in Toronto. On its website, this shop says it has a 'juice bar' for trying out flavors. I may check it out.

-- Glenn

PS: Can't finish this post without putting in a good word for Paradise Vapes, even though it's in the bottom tier below. Muskoka Blend is still my fave ADV, and i like some of the other PV flavors alot. PV is made up of a 50-50 VG/PG ratio, which i find has a great balance of vapor, flavor, and TH. OTOH, I haven't tried many other brands up to this point. Once I get a chance to check out the top ones especially, i could definitely change my mind about PV.
dekang USA mix is one of their better juices and, they don't have many haha. I got some dekang in from china and MOST flavors are UNvapeable! terrible stuff ;)

tasE83

Nov 18, 2013
kanada
The thing with Half Clever is being a darker and thicker juice, it causes a lot of buildup on wicks and coils. If you don't service your coils often when vaping it, you'll get that charred taste. I love me some butterscotch so it's worth the extra effort.

I've heard good things about G-money but at the same time, people compare it to Vader Pudding. A decent juice, but not on my must have list.

Interesting... I didn't like Half Clever...
you should try some of Dark Side Creation's juice...
good stuff as well...
Like the G-Money... yum yum... need to order some more...
but I have 50 other bottles of stuff I need to work through first...

tasE83

Nov 18, 2013
kanada
.... PV is made up of a 50-50 VG/PG ratio, which i find has a great balance of vapor, flavor, and TH. OTOH, I haven't tried many other brands up to this point. Once I get a chance to check out the top ones especially, i could definitely change my mind about PV.
^ This!

I ain't no psychic but I predict PV will be on your list of worst juices of all time once you try just about anything else not imported from China or mixed in someones bathtub (even a Canadian bathtub).

Last edited:

eFFeRR

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
I can tell you what it tastes like...you know when you get fresh raspberries and blueberries and forget about them for 2 weeks and they grow fluffy fungus on them? Well Smurfettes Goo tastes like the extract of that fluffy fungus fruit.

Lol, well I agree with the first part.. it tastes like Raspberries and Blueberries.. but without the fungus.. maybe he just got a bad mix.. I don't know.. but Im usually picky with my fruit juices but this one I like

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I can tell you what it tastes like...you know when you get fresh raspberries and blueberries and forget about them for 2 weeks and they grow fluffy fungus on them? Well Smurfettes Goo tastes like the extract of that fluffy fungus fruit.

I would say 3 weeks is a more accurate analogy :blink:

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto

-- Glenn

I made to Flavorium tonite, rushed as fast as I could out to the Beaches, and got there five minutes before closing (well, I was on the TTC, maybe 'fast' isn't the right word). But the lovely store lady let me try a bunch of flavours, and didn't hurry me at all. In fact, I think she would have been happy to talk about vaping as long as I was willing to hang around.

Awesome selection, and apparently the mfc makes the stuff under laboratory conditions, and has created Flavorium's selection of e-liquids (Gold Seal brand) according to Health Canada product guidelines.

Some of the flavours I liked, some, not so much, but I made a quick purchase, and i'm just about to start vaping it up. Definitely worth visiting this place, if your from Toronto or visiting.

-- Glenn

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
I made to Flavorium tonite, rushed as fast as I could out to the Beaches, and got there five minutes before closing (well, I was on the TTC, maybe 'fast' isn't the right word). But the lovely store lady let me try a bunch of flavours, and didn't hurry me at all. In fact, I think she would have been happy to talk about vaping as long as I was willing to hang around.

Awesome selection, and apparently the mfc makes the stuff under laboratory conditions, and has created Flavorium's selection of e-liquids (Gold Seal brand) according to Health Canada product guidelines.

Some of the flavours I liked, some, not so much, but I made a quick purchase, and i'm just about to start vaping it up. Definitely worth visiting this place, if your from Toronto or visiting.

-- Glenn

do they have a web site?

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
do they have a web site?

Ejuice

Is this the place in the back of a vintage store?

Yes, well, actually the vape stuff was at the front of the store. Small hardware selection at this point, but the store lady said there would be more stuff coming. She also talked about plans for a vape lounge, which sounds great.

I would love to try the Try Bekka from Gold Seal. What are their prices like for 30ml?

A 30 ml bottle is $20, which isn't great, but two bottles are $30, and three bottles are even less. I saw some flavours mentioned on the website which I thought I would like alot, but didn't care for once I tried them. I am enjoying the tobacco menthol that I bought, i'm vaping it right now. The more I vape it, the more I seem to like it.

But anything I say about taste is just me. I haven't really tried all that many brands or flavours yet, and taste is a such an individual thing when it comes to vaping -- read any ECF thread about Boba's Bounty; a lot of people love it, while an equal number of people don't like it at all.

With the Flavorium/Gold Seal stuff, I got the impression that it was made with good quality ingredients. Even with the flavors I didn't enjoy, the vapor was rich and flavourful, not chemically and raunchy like some of the cheap Dekang e-liquids I've tried.

-- Glenn

Tgoode

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Ontario
tgoode.zenfolio.com
So, I went to Flavorium Sunday afternoon and had a nice chat with the owners. They indeed are selling the Gold Seal liquids and various iTaste hardware andother brands. They have a comprehensive selection of liquid in stock, in store, and have sample clearos and batteries that you can use in-store to sample any of the flavors they sell.

I tried a number of flavors and found some to my liking. The Try Bekka isn't a very convincing clone to my taste. I find Tribeca to have a cleaner, more nuanced flavor that has the caramel notes firmly in the treacle part of the caramel spectrum. Try Bekka on the other hand is more of a brown sugar/toffee flavor which overpowers any subtlety or grace notes that might be in the flavour. It's still vapeable, but is not a replacement for the Halo original, for me.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
I just got a genesis-style rba yesterday (a decent mid-level non-clone), and vaping is suddenly a whole new ballgame for me -- the flavour just explodes off this device, and the vapor is so intense that i'm seriously thinking about reducing my e-liquid nicotine strength from 18ml to 12ml.

I want to check out Maple Lead Vapes this week (stocking up for a long weekend away starting this Friday). Can anyone suggest a MLV flavor that's in the same ballpark as Paradise Vapes Muskoka Blend? Does MLV let you try flavors?

-- Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread