Best Cigalike in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

seankasky

Mar 11, 2017
I know cigalikes are becoming less and less popular, but they're much more acceptable from smokers. I want to convert my uncle to vaping, he doesn't like how box mods or even penstyle kits look like. Which cigalike is the best in 2016?
I wanted to find an ecig that emulated the mechanics as smoking a real cigarette because, while enjoy all the elements of vaping, such as the flavor, the cool temp of heavy clouds, the scent, etc., I hate the preposterous Hollywood diva look of the vape pen, itself. I looked up "cigalikes" on Google and started reading reviews for the best ones available. Halo's G6 ranked the highest in every review I read. I think there were three. I bought the starter kit on clearance. It came with manual batteries. I didn't realize it until I received them. I was let down about the battery and I got on the website to check my order. Sure enough, it was my mistake. I contacted the company via their live chat support and spoke with Brian who confirmed that the batteries I bought were manual, not automatic and that they were on clearance because they were discontinuing the manual version of the G6. (Customer support was fantastic, btw. I had a million questions and he answered every one of them.) I told him that was a good idea to discontinue the manual battery since the manual button defeated the entire purpose of the cigalike. This being said, I, of course, tried the G6 manual and I could not believe the performance. Unbelievable. The amount of vapor this bad boy yields easily rivals my Ego C-Twist and I have not once had a dry hit from it. I used the manual batteries over all my other all my other ecigs until the automatic batteries arrived. Naturally, I expected their performance to fall short of the manual battery. I got them today. They are perfect. The batteries charge fast and last a considerable length of time. The look and feel are very realistic and close to a real cigarette. The light at the tip is subtle and doesn't scream, "I'm smoking an e-cig and I probably drive a smart car!!" And most importantly, the vapor is rich, cool, and luxurious.
I would recommend these to anyone looking for an ecig that acts like a real cigarette. They aren't just that. I rank them with the best ecigs I've smoked that aren't "cigalikes".
The look and feel is just an added value. These are awesome.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yes. I'm here to substitute for smoking. Nothing else. How nicotine delivery turned into a hobby astounds me.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk
Smoking always was a hobby. Witness any given pipe smoker.

Part of it is also I think that nicotine is a major anti-anxiety drug and there a people who need that (such as myself) when considered medicinally it has major advantages over other anti-anxiety meds

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I am curious to know what you didn't like about the iCare Solo, if you care to share.
Mostly it overheats and cuts out if you take a full drag on it. I was told its a "feature" because its designed for mouth to lung, but shuts off after 2 puffs is shuts off after 2 puffs. Im also not super fond of the button, and the mouthpiece seems to be designed specifically to keep you from holding it in your teeth.

Reactions: lil_buddy

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I like migcig 21. They last 2 hours before recharge if chain vaping. They have a constant output of 4.2 volts, they won some awards for top cig a like on an e cig on a vaping website. 350 mah battery. The microchip they have means as the battery charge dies the vapor and flavour won't diminish, like other smaller e cigs.
Mig 21 looks to be more of an 808 pen than a cigalike. Its a design thats even older than egos. If you like it you like it though.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Someplace there is a photo of them side by side.
Do you rrmember how much longer the ikiss is if any? It seems halfway between a cigalike and a pen from what ive seen.

Also i checkrd out the ovaleUSA site and i think the only reason the rmini isnt available in the US is the company still has eroll Cs to unload. Kits are $35, which isnt too bad :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I know cigalikes are becoming less and less popular, but they're much more acceptable from smokers. I want to convert my uncle to vaping, he doesn't like how box mods or even penstyle kits look like. Which cigalike is the best in 2016?
The trick is avoiding the 2.2 watt garbage. The smallest 3.7 watt I know of is the eroll c. You keep Nora getting t to buy them direct from the American distributor. They're $35

orior

Aug 2, 2016
I Miss the eroll myself. They're no nonger made which is why I'm reading this thread. So far i tried the icare solo which emphatically did not cut it.

I'm on the same boat. I hate Joyetech so much for discontinuing the eroll and its replacement the eroll-c, without even making some substitute for them. They are only making millions of useless big vapes now, I hope they will fail with all of them.
I wrote them about the eroll few times, but they just won't answer why the don't at least keep some replacement batteries in the market, or develop some new cigalike to replace it.

I still have the mega PCC and something like 10 eroll batteries left. I'm being really cheap now with eroll usage, I use it only for when I'm out, and at home I use ecabs, which they also discontinued, but at least with the ecabs I'm not depended on them - I can buy 10440 batteries not branded by them.

It seems I can't find a solution to the eroll issue. All the cigalikes I see in the market are expensive solutions with non-fillable cartridges or no replacement batteries offered for purchase.

I hate the vaping market so much now. Gazillion of big boxes and not one refillable cigalike with batteries for replacement. so idiotic.

PS,
I also tried the icare solo as a future option, and yes it isn't a replacement for something like eroll with PCC.
It is leaking for me and wastes liquid like hell.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm on the same boat. I hate Joyetech so much for discontinuing the eroll and its replacement the eroll-c, without even making some substitute for them. They are only making millions of useless big vapes now, I hope they will fail with all of them.
I wrote them about the eroll few times, but they just won't answer why the don't at least keep some replacement batteries in the market, or develop some new cigalike to replace it.

I still have the mega PCC and something like 10 eroll batteries left. I'm being really cheap now with eroll usage, I use it only for when I'm out, and at home I use ecabs, which they also discontinued, but at least with the ecabs I'm not depended on them - I can buy 10440 batteries not branded by them.

It seems I can't find a solution to the eroll issue. All the cigalikes I see in the market are expensive solutions with non-fillable cartridges or no replacement batteries offered for purchase.

I hate the vaping market so much now. Gazillion of big boxes and not one refillable cigalike with batteries for replacement. so idiotic.

PS,
I also tried the icare solo as a future option, and yes it isn't a replacement for something like eroll with PCC.
It is leaking for me and wastes liquid like hell.

So as I learned later that didn't actually happen. Exactly, anyway. Joy tech DID create a replacement. The problem is their American distributor is apparently a bit of a douche, and bought up all the worlds eroll c kits, then refused to allow the replacement into the US Till he had made his pile selling the old stuff. He hosed himself badly I suspect. No one is buying eroll Cs because they think they can't be had, so he's flogging them from the Eleaf USA site at $35. You CAN still get an eroll C. You just can't get the new better one unless you fly to Europe or some such.

What joy tech SHOULD do is sue him for professional malfeasance (which would be near open and shut) and get someone competent in there

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
plugging through fasttech all im seeing for minis is the k500, which is a notoriously "meh" eroll clone. They didnt really understand what it tis that makes the eroll better that other autos they got the 3.7v, but the biggest deal was swiotch reliability (the switch air vent doesn't clog up and break) so its got the standard "battery dies after a week" think that killed all the other automatics.

I still believe that if someone made a really reliable auto of ANY type it would win.

orior

Aug 2, 2016
eroll c is technically a pod. just a very small one. .7ml iirc. the new one is supposed to be bigger. cant get it in the US afaik though. outside the US i dont think you can get the eroll c still. it's only the new one available.

What is the name of the new one? I can't find any information about a new one in the Joyetech site.
Where did you get this info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread